PDA

View Full Version : Mini or dwarf lop?

sarattie
10-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Hello!
Just a quick qestion

whats bigger
mini lop or dwarf lop?

And is there a difference in temperament?

:? :?: :D

Toby
10-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I haven't voted, as I would have either one.

sarattie
10-01-2005, 01:00 PM
which are bigger tho and is there a difference in temperament?

Towsbuns
10-01-2005, 01:05 PM
I haven't voted either, as again, I would have either. The bigger of the two are the dwarf ones - the minis have smaller ears too. Someone posted some pics earlier showing the difference in ear length.

Andi, Boy of Destiny!
10-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Dwarf is bigger. Not sure about temperament; our Minis are all quite friendly, but I get the impression that in general, larger rabbits are mellower.

sarattie
10-01-2005, 01:06 PM
thank!
It was looking at those pics earlier that posed my question as it was difficult to see much of a difference between the 2!

:)

Tamsin
10-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Dwarf lops weigh about 2-2.5kg and mini lops weigh 1.5-2kg. Those are rough weights.

The dwarf lop is actually a medium sized rabbit its just dwarf compared to a french lop (4.5kg +).

Temprements varies between animals. The dwarf lops I've had (all neutered & male) have been very friendly, checky buns.

rngpwelfare
10-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I've always found that the mini's we have had through the rescue are a bit dippy and can be complete headcases.

Rexy bexy
10-01-2005, 05:59 PM
hi,
minis and dwarf lops temperments i have found they seem to be more or less the same
becky

RussAb
10-01-2005, 08:29 PM
hi,
minis and dwarf lops temperments i have found they seem to be more or less the same
becky
I've found this too, in my (albeit limited) experience. I've got one of each, same age, and they get on extremely well. Giles, the mini lop, is much more shy than Abbie, but that could be because she's bigger, quite clearly the boss and regularly reminds him of that! But then he kicks up much more of a fuss when being picked up. But overall they're both very friendly and cheeky! And a real joy to watch and interact with!!

I would guess you'll find them to be similar in general temperament, and that their actual behaviour will be dictated in part by the company they have, past experience etc.

Amelia
10-01-2005, 09:44 PM
I've always found that the mini's we have had through the rescue are a bit dippy.

:lol: :lol: Tiggy is a mini lop and she's completely dippy :lol:

StarskyBunni
10-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Starsky is a mini lop...hes kinda...crazy, guess he takes after his moma!! hehe were all a bit loopy in my family tho my cat just sits there looking at him like: what you doin you crazy bun.... :roll: :lol:

anon101
11-01-2005, 10:13 AM
I've got two Mini Lops and there both quite lively. One has got a jealous streak in her, that comes out every now and then.

Louise

Fluffybunny
15-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I would say that on the whole Dwarf Lops are mellower than the minis - which in certain colours are renound for being very hyper.
I would always ahve Dwarfs as I prefer their temperament - they aren't always on the go, and although bigger it isn't by much.
Are you thinking of getting one/two??? :P