• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my rabbit was found dead with no head what can it be

Maria124

New Kit
When I got home it was dark and I went out to see my rabbit but this was the worst thing ever for my eyes to see. My rabbit was dead without any head and there wasn't any blood or fur anywhere around it was a clean cut. At first I thought It was alive we were calling her name but she wasn't responding normally she would come running😭😭 it was dark so I tried looking properly I switched on my flash light and saw I couldn't find her head I just😭😭😭😭
The way it lay there is as if someone placed it there, it was neatly placed looked like it was sleeping with no head.
I live in the UK in a city and there isn't any other animals that would come apart from fox or cat. I really need to know what took the head of my rabbit and left the body neatly. I have nightmares of this and will forever it really hurts.
my rabbit was a French lop mix continental gaint it was really cute and large and loved playing and spending time with her cat friends. She was fearless and literally made friends with all the cats that came around.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know but do fox leave any mess like fur or blood or any trace when they kill rabbit and leave the whole body

Last edited:
Hello Maria,

I am so very sorry that you have come home to such a devastating sight of you beloved rabbit. Whilst in many cases of this type of death it could possibly have been a fox. Unfortunately it may not have been, and I would advise that you contact SNARL (South Norwood Animal Rescue & Liberty). They have a Facebook page.

So sorry for your loss :cry:

Thanks shimmer for letting me know and before when we had our previous rabbits someone opened them up at about 4 am in the morning still don't know who did so I just wanted answer whether it was a fox, cat or human but probably fox then

Hello Maria,

I am so very sorry that you have come home to such a devastating sight of you beloved rabbit. Whilst in many cases of this type of death it could possibly have been a fox. Unfortunately it may not have been, and I would advise that you contact SNARL (South Norwood Animal Rescue & Liberty). They have a Facebook page.

So sorry for your loss :cry:

https://www.facebook.com/South-Norwood-Animal-Rescue-and-Liberty-SNARL-624100301029007

Very sorry for your loss Maria :cry:

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I can’t find the words that would help you - I feel the sense of loss that you feel. I am deeply sorry that this has happened.

Thanks craig 1965 for your condolence It took me while to post about it as it was very upsetting for me to even write about it and I needed answers

Last edited:
I'm very sorry about your loss of your bun, it must have been very distressing.

I'm not sure how big your bun was, but my mother's cat will do this to smaller wild rabbits, sadly she refuses to put a collar and bell on the cat

Richard

Back