• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slooooowness

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about the slowness, I've contacted the host about it so hopefully they have alook at whats causing it.

Tam

Here was me doing all kinds of clean ups thinking it was my PC :roll: Glad that it's not me then :D Mind you, did give the computer a well needed disk clean etc :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same here...although when I was on other things it was as fast as usual..like you I thought it was my computer....I was able to go and do other things in between each "click"...so frustrating when I want to catch up on so much I have missed over the past week!!!

Will this site just keep growing and growing or will it get to a stage where you will have to delete some old pasts to free up space?

I'm not sure, at the moment the database is about 33MB. I think we brought about 100MB altogether, more space isn't too expensive though.

If we end going for years then eventually I might need to delete some, I'd probably go for things like the general chat rather than the care posts so the posts that might be useful for reference stay. I'd have old backups though for emergencies.

Tam

Did it just speed up? If it lasts yay, if not I'll send them another email.

Tam

Drat :roll: That means I'll have to rebuild my PC and our Server tomorrow morning as I was convinced it was our end, now a big, big pile of techno chips on the floor - never mind an early Tuesday Master Mind puzzle never hurt anyone :lol: :lol:

Bit better again now - anyone notice a pattern?? Maybe the hosting company is hosting a high working hours usage website as it seems to speed up in the evenings a bit.

Caz

The host is in america, 5 hrs ahead of us, so its 3 in the afternoon there :?

I'll get back to them.

If you notice it go slow can you record the time here. The host is going to keep an eye but it might help if we can work out the times if its not random. As Caz says it could be something thats just happening one time of day.

Tam

Back