• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Cosmos

Caz

Mama Doe
"the rabbit formally known as Arthur" finally has a name! I went through all the names to do with black before Brendan came up with Cosmos (Cosmos black was the colour of his old BMW).

So now I have the greek gods: Zeus and Athena and Black and Blue: Cosmos and Violet!

Here are some piccys:

Pre-manicure/pedicure:
blackboy.jpg

Violetboyf.jpg

Violetboyf2.jpg

Caz

Lynn said:
Aaawww, another stunning black bunster. :)

Has he met Violet outside the bars again yet ?

Meeting him in daylight he was soo friendly and gave me a lick on the chin, which sold him to me after Violet had approved him! I think I must have woken him and he was grumpy last time we met!

Yup at the rescue and in the bedroom. He just constantly wants to bonk her lights out (not done yet) and she isn't particularily happy although she lets him do it which I take as a good sign for them bonding. I am letting them interact with the divider until he is done as I don't want her to get fed up with him - he is an ex-breeders bunny so knows what he is supposed to do all too well :roll:!

Caz

Awww bless him he is beautifull is violet a standad rex she looks as big as cosmos on those pics
Well cosmos probaby had a good time with my two girls one day as they were from the same breeder!!!
how old is he he could even be related?

Caz said:
"the rabbit formally known as Arthur" finally has a name! I went through all the names to do with black before Brendan came up with Cosmos (Cosmos black was the colour of his old BMW).

you could of called him techno :D for techno violet 8)

I think Arthur is one of the buns that me and my sister picked up from Wolverhampton, hope he is, it is nice to know who they have gone to :D

Denny said:
Caz said:

I think Arthur is one of the buns that me and my sister picked up from Wolverhampton, hope he is, it is nice to know who they have gone to :D
yep your right denny he is!!!!

bluebunny said:
Denny said:
Caz said:

I thought it was :D Its really reasuring knowing where they are :D Is Ollie the black and white dutch still there :?: and the castor rex :?: I am two missing :? I picked up 8 buns, hhmmmm

Denny said:
bluebunny said:
Denny said:
Caz said:

I thought it was :D Its really reasuring knowing where they are :D Is Ollie the black and white dutch still there :?: and the castor rex :?: I am two missing :? I picked up 8 buns, hhmmmm

well kathy told me on thur the castor had gone there was just the black and white left but caz said shes still there so dunno?

Well ive got two,caz has one,yogi white one is still there,the blue one died,and not sure about the rest?

I thought Ollie was still on her website - she may have said the castor was gone because I reserved her but Violet didn't take to her :(

Denny - could fill me in on the background? Was it a breeder closing down - that's what I thought anyway? Seems odd they didn't cut the rings off so they couldn't be shown if they were giving up!

I think Cosmo is a mini-rex as his ears are pretty small - I may try and trace the ring no. to find out what breed he was registered as. It is possible he may be related to Shadow as she is a small black rex too (that or her ex 8) he may be about 3 according to Kathy although on her website it says he is about 2. How old is Shadow - they could be brother and sister.

He is perfect for Violet as they are pretty similar in size.

He keeps laying as close to her as possible - she is still unsure and occasionally comes up and nips his bum through the mesh then has a nose to nose then runs off - the little tease!

Caz

Well lilac had a ring on but shadow didnt,but shadow has defo had babies as her nipples were quite large when i got her
I was told lilac was 3 and shadow was 2.5 so they could well be brother and sister!
shadow im sure is a mini rex too

Hi Caz

I, luckily, dealt with the daughter and did not have the same reception that Kathy got. Here is the full story although Bob did manage to get it locked :roll:

The daughter told me that her mom was getting divorced and moving abroad, so it sounded very much as if the family home was being sold.

After Kathy's wasted journey the first time, someone spotted them being advertised in the findit.co.uk and the rest is written in the link below

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=937

Happy reading :D

Ah yes I recall that thread - part of the reason I hung around before joining - things have been a bit quiet on the "Bob" front recently!

So I have either Joe or Cadbury, one must have turned out to be Bluebunny's Shadow (a girl) and the other is now called Cosmos.

Caz

poppy was shadows name,i think the list got a bit confused.as there was a boy and girl white rex,and a boy and girl black,the girl shadow the boy cosmos

Ahh the list had the names and colours mixed up then - oh well think their new names are better ;) !

I sneaked in last night and found this: Violet is doing her best "I am a Sphynx - worship me" pose and Cosmos after sitting against her part of the cage for 1/2 hour had given up and was now eating (my god does that boy eat :shock: ) !

Violetboyf3.jpg

Things look good!

Caz

P.S. Litter trained in a day - I took the hint when he kept peeing on the mat, once it had been moved to his litter tray he has started using that to pee in - thank god! Don't think I will get them to poo in it though as Zeus started laying a few all over when Athena turned up and Violet is already scattering a few too!

Caz said:
Ahh the list had the names and colours mixed up then - oh well think their new names are better ;) !

I sneaked in last night and found this: Violet is doing her best "I am a Sphynx - worship me" pose and Cosmos after sitting against her part of the cage for 1/2 hour had given up and was now eating (my god does that boy eat :shock: ) !

Violetboyf3.jpg

Things look good!

Caz

P.S. Litter trained in a day - I took the hint when he kept peeing on the mat, once it had been moved to his litter tray he has started using that to pee in - thank god! Don't think I will get them to poo in it though as Zeus started laying a few all over when Athena turned up and Violet is already scattering a few too!

mine eat for england too! does he eat a lot of hay? lilac does i have to keep filling her tray up!

I have never seen a rabbit eat so much hay!! My other two nibble on it and it goes down slowly over a couple of days but Violet gobbles it up (she is a noisy eater) and I can honestly say the volume Cosmos has eaten yesterday and today I am glad I buy in bales - I have had to refill his litter tray already and I only filled it up Sunday afternoon! Pellets are wolfed down too - gone in seconds :shock: !

Caz

You have to be carefull with rex bunnies there right little piggies!!!!! and tend to get over weight very quickly!

Back