• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely Bunny Needs Home

Carole

Warren Scout
Hi,

I have just rescued the most beautiful male lop eared rabbit from PAH he was in a tiny cage separated from the others and he was too big.

He is off to my friends rescue centre today, and will be neutered and vaccinated before he is rehomed.

He is white with grey fur (sorry dont know the proper name for his colour) his eyes look dark but in certain lights you can see a tinge or red, and he does a bit of scanning which the vet will check out on Tuesday, but as far as I can make out he can see everything. He is lively and healthy.

He is adorable, so friendly, loves to be picked up and cuddled, and would make a perfect housebunny, as he loves to be around humans

If anyone is interested please pm me.

Thanks Carole

Hello,

Where abouts is this lovely sounding little bunny? Do you have a rough age? Any chance of a piccie also??

Thanks

Hi

He is in Warwickshire - I have just taken him to his new rescue home.

I have got a pic on my digital camera but no idea how to post on here.

If you pm me I will send you a picture.

Thanks

Carole

oh my god! the very same thing happened to me with my flopsey, i rescues him from p@h also, he was kept in one of those indoor hutches for a g/pig, he was lying down and appeared to be panting, so i got one of those shop ass. to have a look and they said he was fine but was p***** off cause he had been in there to long and they could not put him with the other rabbits cause he was nasty. saying that they would give him 2 me at a discounted rate other wise he may be taken down the back (if u know what i mean) so i did not hestitate, i took him!!!!! theres a pic below does he look nasty too you?

hope you find someone for your litte fella soon, im in essex so a bit far for me, shame thou....

03jan05010.jpg

Hope he finds a home soon.
Will your friend be putting piccy's on rabbit rehome when he's ready to go so we can all see him?

You can find instructions on putting pics up in the top section of the web site

Be great to see him.

RR would be a great place to get him rehomed.

Thank you everyone, photos will be available soon on Rabbit Rehome, as I know she uses it.

Poor little chap is going to be neutered tomorrow, best thing for him as he was trying to hump everything in sight including me, will calm him down in time.

PAH make me so mad keeping the rabbits that get too big in tiny cages outside the main pen, and I dont think they care much about who buys them - what a sad life it is for some bunnies, try not to think about it as it makes me sad (and mad!!)

I too get annoyed with P@H! :x

I have heard so many stories from local ppl whom have purchased either a bunny or hamster from there and after a few weeks they have always passed away. :cry:

I popped into my local P@H to get some doggie treats and saw some beautiful bunnies. When I asked the assistant a little information about them, he couldnt even tell me which sex they were. I also asked him whether they were from a local breeder ( i knew they wouldnt be) he actually admitted they were from a rabbit farm. Just think of the conditions that these bunnies probably came from to be stuck in a pet super store for screaming children to prod and poke at them. No wonder they don't look happy bunnies!!!!

It also makes you wonder just how many of these rabbits and other pets get "taken out the back". :(

i wish somethink could be done about p@H, i went back in there today, and they were just putting out a bunch of rabbits about 12 actually in to very small enclosures, one was taken to the back to see the vet because it had a huge abcess on its side, and the was two bunnies piching on another smaller bunnie and mounting it, so i went to tell them. who wants to buy a rabbit thats pregnant!!!! i think they a terriable establishment and should be not allowed to sell animals, i have already taken one out of there because they were threatening to take it round the back. i get so upset just going in there....

Hi,

I get so mad at them too - in fact I would like to buy my pet stuff from somewhere else but my local pet store sells rabbits and other pets too, and it breaks my heart wondering where they will end up.

Really buying these animals isnt solving a problem because they just get replaced with another. They should be banned from keeping livestock all together.

The rabbit I got despite being in there had loads of trust in humans, and every time someone went by his cage, he was up on his hind legs begging for someone to bother with him, and that is why I couldnt resist him.

One lucky bunny saved last week from P@H!!!

The P@H close to me doesnt seem so bad, there are 2 bunny pens and they never seem over crowded and I have never seen any in a small cage away from the rest.

Each store is probably different and have different suppliers and different staff.

Back