• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4-bunny caging...

Hey all!

Right, so I'm ordering my storage cubes...and now I've got a question...

How many of you have housed, or are housing, four buns together in one cage? What's your cage look like?

I wanted to do a multi-level thing with a permanent little run out the front, so none of them would be forced together, but I'm interested to see if anyone else has any other ideas perhaps? I'm totally open to suggestions!

The two new buns will be arriving next weekend, and although I know it'll take a while for them to bond and be able to live in the same housing (if at all), I'd like to start planning it all now...

You've already seen our bunny room. One half of that has four bunnies living together. Most of the time they flop down together, but when they want to be alone generally they just take themselves off to one corner away from the hay and the water where they won't be bothered. They've got tunnels and a little log cabin for hiding in, and there's a bit that's just one cube wide, just in case one of the bunnies starts getting rowdy and they need somewhere to back up into.

We used to keep the four buns in two pairs in two cages, but since setting up the permanent run we've just been using one cage as their litter tray and they've been fine. All four will happily snooze in there together, they quite liked being all squished together as long as they don't get shut in, which they don't.

Not only should you start planning you should start building too - these storage cubes are horrific to build :!: :!: :!:

I tried various styles but they all looked ridiculous so I have scrapped the cubes.

I am sure that you will be less hamfisted than me - I am not very good a building things :oops:

Good luck and not too much swearing :!: :!:

lol Pam

No suggestions on housing but just to say that our local B&Q Warehouse had these cubes in the other day - £9.99 for a six cube pack.

kimbun's mum said:
Not only should you start planning you should start building too - these storage cubes are horrific to build :!: :!: :!:

A pair of rigger's gloves might be a plan. I only did a couple of connections and my thumbs were still jolly sore. :(

Back