• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Overly anxious

JessBun

Mama Doe
So, if you haven't seen my recent return thread, we finally do have a housebun joining us soon. The plan is to have her bonded, of course all vax and spayed.

Since losing Autumnleaf, I'm now overly anxious and worrysome about every possible thing that can go wrong health wise with buns. Does anyone else experience this? Since we lost Autumnleaf to suspected gut stasis (though we don't know what caused the gut stasis) I am already worrying about feeding new bun veg etc, even though I know she is very used to this. Albert (pig) once got an upset tum requiring vet treatment after feeding veg that he was always used to, so I'm aware gut upsets can happen even when they are used to a particular food and only fed it in moderation.

Gah, just sounding out bunny mummy nerves, I suppose. Gut stasis is such a horrid thing for them. Xx

So, if you haven't seen my recent return thread, we finally do have a housebun joining us soon. The plan is to have her bonded, of course all vax and spayed.

Since losing Autumnleaf, I'm now overly anxious and worrysome about every possible thing that can go wrong health wise with buns. Does anyone else experience this? Since we lost Autumnleaf to suspected gut stasis (though we don't know what caused the gut stasis) I am already worrying about feeding new bun veg etc, even though I know she is very used to this. Albert (pig) once got an upset tum requiring vet treatment after feeding veg that he was always used to, so I'm aware gut upsets can happen even when they are used to a particular food and only fed it in moderation.

Gah, just sounding out bunny mummy nerves, I suppose. Gut stasis is such a horrid thing for them. Xx
Welcome back :D
I totally get the bunny mummy anxiety! My 2nd is going for his neutering on Monday and I already can't sleep from the stress. Constantly also reading and watching stuff about bunnies and more than once today I ninja crawled to one of them to make sure they're still breathing. So I'm right there with you [emoji2957]
Might not be much comfort but what seems to help is reminding myself it's ok, they're OK and if all else fails there's the forum and the vet :)

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I’m so sorry you lost Autumnleaf :cry: they are so fragile sometimes :cry: I recently lost Frosty, he had not shown any signs of illness at all prior to me finding him :cry: I think any loss makes you worry and analyse anything and everything, and it certainly makes me feel anxious at times. But all we can ever do is do our best for them, with the knowledge we have at the time.

If it is any consolation to you, we never have a problem with stasis and I have 35 Bunnies. Just remember not to overload their digestive system and try to keep stress to a minimum. I hope your new Bunny settles in well.

Back