• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Richard the Big Bunny (London)

bigbunny

New Kit
'Ello all!

I'm new here.

Shockingly enough, I do NOT have a bunny.

I would love to adopt a rescue bunny but neither my flat nor my lifestyle are really suitable right now.

Perhaps someday in the future ...

I am curious about one thing: There was a British Giant rabbit on Rabbit Rehome in mid-2004 named MOLLY. She was white, preferred to be around no other rabbits and was VERY LARGE!

DID YOU ADOPT MOLLY? I am curious what happened to her! Her story & photo had me very close to considering adoption. Funny how stories & images can touch your heart so much over the 'net.

Thanks!

Richard

Is this her?

molly.jpg

I didn't get any info other than she was nolonger looking for a home (I run Rabbit Rehome). I believe the rescue she was at is Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) based in Middlesex. If so you can get in touch with them by phone on 020 8607-9902 or email: arc@animalrescueandcare.org.uk and they might be able to let you know.

If you can't have a bunny of your own then cuddling other peoples is the next best thing. Most rescues appeciate volunteers and you give as much or as little time as you like. Its great practice for future bunny ownership too ;)

Best wishes,
Tamsin

oooh I want Dickory!!! he's so gorgeous
buddy2%20lg(1).jpg

Someone give him a home!!!
ooooohhhhhhh if only i could have another one.

That's Molly!

YES, TAMSIN! THAT'S HER!

:D

Now, I'll have to find out what's become of her.

Thank you SO MUCH for the information.

Richard

Santa (on the ARC website) was a lovely laid back fella considering when I met him he had a nasty eye infection (10X worse than Zeus' ever was) - I am going to ask if it is healing alright when I next update them on Violet.

Hi Richard :wave:

Please dont take offence but that is a scarey avatar piccy :shock: looks like a police mug shot :lol: :lol: just needs WANTED printed accross it :lol: :lol: was it a passport photo by any chance :roll: :lol:

Would'nt it be funny if we all had to have our picture as our avatar image :lol: :lol: :lol: (and along comes Tamsin to say "good idea" :shock: )

Richard, you do realise that, now you have found this website, you wont stay bunnyless for long :wink:

Hi Richard, welcome! I've not been here long, but everyone is really nice! :D

Love Anna, Ted and Dougal xxx

Re: My photo ...

bigbunny said:
Well, the full version of that photo is quite lovely.

It was taken outside of my favourite vegetarian restaurant in Stockholm!

Full(er) version here:

http://photo.outeverywhere.com/30/43/g304360.jpg

The full pic with all the background is very nice but I don't have that posted on the web.

Alas, I've got plenty of photos of me ... I could choose another!

I could crop this one:

http://photo.outeverywhere.com/31/71/g317116.jpg

[*giggles*]

Richard

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, second one please :lol: :lol: or put it in your signature :thumb:

Ta'mooch!

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

:D

I can't decide on a pic that looks good at 80x80 so I'll go with my logo for now.

Note: I am considering having that logo tattooed on me (small & tasteful). But where?

:lol:

Richard in London

Ooopdate ...

Oh, I have a signature now ...

It's all very exciting!

:lol:

BTW: I won't have a rabbit anytime soon because I simply cannot give it a good home. Not only do I live in a highrise flat with no garden, I seem to be unintentionally rather 'migratory' (ie, my live-in partner has dumped me!).

:evil:

However, I am looking forward to doing some volunteer work for a bunny charity this year. I'll call it my *2nd* New Year's resolution (the 1st is being more active & getting fit again!).

I'm in Archway/Highgate. Where is my closest bunny shelter/charity?

Thanks.

I am very eager to spend time around rabbits (especially housetrained rabbits) and see what they are like. I know their personalities vary greatly but I have almost NO experience with them (despite my nickname & interest). I would love to have a friend who has houserabbits so I could experience it. I've never really held a bunny ... or played with one. I don't know how 'interactive' and fun they really are ...

But to say I'm interested would be the understatement of a lifetime!

Perhaps someday I'll be a qualified 'bunnysitter' !!!

:p

Yours,
Richard

You could try joining the RWA (Rabbit Welfare Association: http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/

The have 'hopper groups' which are groups formed by local rabbit lovers/owners who get together socially and talk about bunnies and fund raise etc. that might be a good way of making friends with local house rabbit owners. You also get a quarterly magazine with some interesting articles on care. I think it costs about £15 to join.

Here's a list of rescues: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp I'm useless at geography so I'm not even gonna guess which is closest :D

Tam

Tut! Richard! of course you can have a bunny in a flat in london! I moved to London 5 years ago and brought Charlie and Fern with me. Both flats that I've lived in whilst I've been in London have/had gardens but the bunnies never go in them (well maybe the odd quick visit in the summer on their leads). They hate the grass! I've just moved to Clapham, and now have a yard rather than a garden so when summer comes they might actually be happy) but in my previous flat if I took them outside they'd run straight to the concrete and refuse to move.

The buns come with me wherever I go - ie visit friends, to my parents etc etc. I think that because they have had lots of people and noise around them all of their lives they're pretty laid and back and just get on with things. I first got them when I was doing my PhD in leicester and living a shared house. All of my friends love them and are always on hand to look after them - or look after me when I'm upset cos one is having an operation or something. They have become part of all of our lives here. Maybe you should come and meet them? catch me on msn for a chat.

btw, I've been looking for a bunny tattoo design for ages, the nearest I found was a v cool bit of modern art in the tate modern which looked rather like your avatar!?

I had never had a bunny until we got Jessica. I should have done it years ago, she is sooo friendly and cuddley, we decided to get her a boyfriend [Roger].

My friends think I'm nuts, I worry about them, talk about them, take endless photos of them. Letting Jessica's babies go to new homes, even though I know they are good homes, will be the hardest thing in the world.

As for tattoo's I'm a huge Betty Boop fan and my husband nearly past out when I came home with my Betty Boop tattoo :D

Betty

I welcome to the board :wave:

I also live in a rented flat with a rabbit :) Though I am hoping to have my own place soon. :)

Back