• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zeus and My Dad

Caz

Mama Doe
I thought I would share the story that has been making my family giggle all Christmas.

As some of you may know from previous posts my dad has been doing up our bathroom and was trying to get it done for Christmas (which he succeded in doing :D ).

Anyway my dad has always been told that Zeus is friendly but Athena is not.

This starts about three months ago when he came in through the back door and realised his feet were covered in mud, not wanting to dirty the floor he got down on his hands and knees and crawled through the kitchen into the hall to the front doormat to get his clean shoes. On his way past the stairs he crawled past where Zeus and Athena sleep. He must have got a bit too close because suddenly Zeus lept out at him and stood on my dad (front feet on my dads back) and started to growl. My dad scuttles off quickly to the front door wondering what has gotton into Zeus. I reckon Zeus knowing how Athena likes her men big thought my dad on all fours was a very big rabbit and was ensuring Athena didn't stray :wink: !

This story continues on Christmas Eve: my dad is struggling to get our lighting in the bathroom because he has the day off, in his rush he connects the wrong wires and blows a fuse. The whole house is in darkness and my dad said he could just picture me on Christmas day trying to cope with no lights so he rushes out to buy a new fuse (we had no spares :oops: ) he returns and in his hurry he pops straight under the stairs where the fuse box is and starts replacing the fuse. Knowing what Athena is like he is watching her carefully on his right as she approaches. She actually turns out to be the decoy as my dad is so intent on watching her he doesn't see Zeus sneaking up behind him suddenly he found 7.5Kg of angry rabbit on his back growling and digging on him (thankfully Zeus doesn't bite). My dad panics and in getting up he bangs his head on the underneath of the stairs :( .

My dad now doesn't believe me when I say Zeus is the nice one as Athena let him stroke her Boxing day (she was such a devious little bunny, so good for dad but as soon as his back was turned she tried to get Brendan).

I said to my dad that he went into Zeus' territory without asking permission (a nose rub usually works) and even worse he had no food :shock: !! At least I know our house is well protected from fuse-box stealing burglers!!

Caz :lol:

Fuse box burgalars!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww bless!! lol how funny that must have looked :lol: :lol: :lol:

caz set up CCTV next time dads doing some DIY !! :lol:

Ha ha - 7.5 kg of bunny attacking you when you are helping out :lol: :lol:

I reckon your dad will think twice about assisting again :)

Hi Caz

Being a newbie here I have read and giggled at some of your posts and seen the pics on your signature. I am amazed at the size of the bunny (lying on your other half?) and was curious about the rest of the bunnies who live with you, what they all are and their family dynamics and who rules the roost!
Being the owner of only one 3kg pest (who in fact also likes to attack my dad!) I was wondering how it all works and who is who!
I hope this is not too nosey but I just loved your signature pictures!

cheers
Helen

Back