• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Popcorn

BugBabe

Warren Scout
Does anyone know if bunnies can eat popcorn? I saw some treats on sticks that contained popcorn. I have a pop corn maker so can do this nice and natural, just wondered if it was ok?

Anna x

Although they would enjoy the stick ones - I would suspect that they would be no good on their (quite sugary especially as they have honey on them as well) teeth and I guess they would be fattening too.

Clare

Howdie Folks - I was listening to a good radio prog. not long ago - the advice being given was actually for Dogs at Christmas but same stuff could be said for bunns!

The presenter and guest Vet was saying that really you should think about what your bunny would eat in the wild - any treats is really what we as "two foots" enjoy giving to our pets and the majority of these are unnecessary and definately not good for our pets tummies.

As my lot are on a small amount of SS - if I'm playing with them now I'll give them an extra morsal of that as they love it anyhow and at least I know its good for them.

I have to confess my bunsters do get the occassional current but thats all as I personally feel that too many sugars can trigger tummy probs.

Back