• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bev, Charlie and Fern.

BevBunny

Mama Doe
Hello, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Bev, I live in Clapham in South West London, been in london for 5 years or so now but am originally a brummy. I share my flat with my boyfriend and my two bunnies. The bunnies share our lounge with us, they live in a cage whilst we're out but if either of us are in the flat then they are out hopping around and being demanding.

Charlie is my little boy bunny, he's going to be 6 in April - apparently he's a blue otter lop. Charlie is a very laid back little bunny, nothing bothers him - not even the vacuum cleaner - he lies in front of it and refuses to move. He loves fuss and attention, and destroying all paper and cardboard that he can find.

Fern is my little girl bunny, she was 5 just before christmas - she's an agouti lop. Fern has always been the feisty one, and wouldn't really put up with human attention, but she's getting much more frienly lately. Her latest thing is radiators - she lies fully stretched out leaning up the radiator, until one of us notices and move her! I'm sure it can't be good for her health.

charlie250.jpg

Charlie going for a walk!

fern250.jpg

Fern (with a bald ear - she'd just come off a drip)

ferncharlie250.jpg

Shhh! he's asleep.

bunnylove said:
oh they are lovely, hello and welcome, why was she on a drip?

Thanks you for all your welcomes and comments. Charlie and Fern are both beautiful and I love them both v much.

Fern was on a drip because she'd had a rather serious case of gastric stasis (we think)- I got home one day and she was v unresponsive, dehydrated (ie her fur was lose) and going quite floppy. Unfortunately it was really late at night so we had to drive a fair way to the emergency vet, I thought she was dead when we got there, but she was just about alive.

The vet checked her over and said he couldn't feel any blockages in her and didn't really seem to know what was wrong. Xrays showed that her tummy was full of food, and that there was nothing stopping it going through. He gave her stuff to get her body working, some pain killers, put her on a drip and checked on her every hour over night - and she made it through. The next morning she was transferred to my local vets who called me and told me she was ok, still dehydrated but quite bright. I left work at lunch time to go collect her, by which time she was fine and back to being feisty stoppy madam. So within less than 24 hours she'd gone from deaths door to being fine. That pic was taken about an hour after I got her home.

Fern is sat next to me on the floor, she sends grunts and noselicks. :D

bunnylove said:
oh they are lovely, hello and welcome, why was she on a drip?

Thanks you for all your welcomes and comments. Charlie and Fern are both beautiful and I love them both v much.

Fern was on a drip because she'd had a rather serious case of gastric stasis (we think)- I got home one day and she was v unresponsive, dehydrated (ie her fur was lose) and going quite floppy. Unfortunately it was really late at night so we had to drive a fair way to the emergency vet, I thought she was dead when we got there, but she was just about alive.

The vet checked her over and said he couldn't feel any blockages in her and didn't really seem to know what was wrong. Xrays showed that her tummy was full of food, and that there was nothing stopping it going through. He gave her stuff to get her body working, some pain killers, put her on a drip and checked on her every hour over night - and she made it through. The next morning she was transferred to my local vets who called me and told me she was ok, still dehydrated but quite bright. I left work at lunch time to go collect her, by which time she was fine and back to being feisty stoppy madam. So within less than 24 hours she'd gone from deaths door to being fine. That pic was taken about an hour after I got her home.

Fern is sat next to me on the floor, she sends grunts and noselicks. :D

Welcome BevBunny Charlie & Fern! :wave:

You have two gorgeous bunnies.

Charlie is such a lovely colour and that was some recovery by the lovely Fern!

Back