• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mitsy's Babies

maryflynn

Warren Scout
:D As some of you may have read my posts in 'rabbit care' Mitsy has had eight babies and they are absolutely the sweetest, most darling things in the world. I desperately want to keep them but my boyf wont let me as we dont have the facilities so i kno really its not fair. :cry:

Although only a week old i check them everyday and at present it looks like there will be 3 black one, one white poss red eyes as his daddy did, one black n white and the rest look grey but may turn brown. They are a cross between Mitz who is the dominant gene, not sure exactly of her breed as is a cross but she looks like a wild hare/rabbit lol, the daddy was a dwarf lop eared bun, white with red eyes. Ill include a few pics of Mitz and the babies in this message also.

If anyone near Bristol or willing to travel to us is interested in rehoming I would be so pleased as I have to know they r goin to good homes.

Please please please if anyone can home them or knows of anybody that would make a good bun mum they will be ready aroung wk ten xx :lol:

rabbits014.jpg

rabbits009.jpg

bunsday6003.jpg

bunsday6002.jpg

mitsyupclosenpersonal.jpg

rabbits005.jpg

Hi i've just been looking at your pics and the black one on the top is definitely an agouti like mom, this is a dominant colour so you will probaly find the other blacks will be agouti as well including the broken, the greys are dilute colours, i suspect they will be opals, although one looks like the colour extends to his belly as well so could be a blue. When they are 10 days the colours should be clearer so if you post some more pics I should be able to tell you what they are.

Yvonne

Oh, I'm in Bristol!

If you're still looking for homes in July (remember that they'll need to be with mum for a while)...which I doubt...please give me a shout!

I can't take them until July because my current flat is just too small to house any more buns...*sigh*

Hi, they don't need to be with mum that long - 8 weeks is when they should be separated from mum but the babies should still live together until 10 weeks before selling. As long as they are weaned fully and about 8 weeks they can leave mum.
HTH

Back