• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks grrr...

Bhavani

Young Bun
Hi,

I'm sure this is discussed here quite often, but what you reckon is a good strategy for getting through the next couple of nights with outdoor rabbits? Someone in our town has been setting off fireworks for the last couple of nights, although thankfully lasting only 15 or 20 minutes each night. Poor Cream, who is normally the most chilled out bun, gets terrified when they go off. Last night we went into the shed with her to soothe her and hand feed her additional nuggets (food always works with Cream). For the next couple of nights we are considering a range of options from doing the same (being with her in her shed until finish) to bringing her indoors for the night. Someone recommended leaving a radio on in her shed.
We are not really set up for indoor buns, and so are hesitating bringing her indoors, but will do so if that is best. Grateful for any thoughts!

Thanks,
Bhavani

Fireworks are stressful for many animals. My to live outside, but fortunately have never been at all concerned by them, although will panic over far less scary things.

However, if you have a rabbit who is frightened by them, it's best to try to calm them. You seem to have found a way of helping Cream and if I were you I would stick to what works. Hopefully, it should all be over in a few days, probably after this weekend and so at least you have an end in sight. I don't think I would disrupt her by bringing her inside.

Sending Cream lots of calming vibes. My daughter's dog hides herself in the floor-length curtains :(

Aww sending Cream some soothing vibes [emoji173]

Times like this I really miss living in SA, there fireworks is banned in residential areas.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Thanks you cheriseru. Considering the high proportion of households with pets in the UK, it is somewhat surprising there aren't stronger regulations.

Thanks you cheriseru. Considering the high proportion of households with pets in the UK, it is somewhat surprising there aren't stronger regulations.
Absolutely agree and even worse because how the houses are here if there's a fire it would spread so quick and even in the best conditions fireworks are a major fire risk.

I'd be more than happy if they enforced the same rules as SA

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Back