• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of my Myrtle

emilou

Warren Scout
To celebrate the new title here are some pics taken today of my bunny Myrtle. I believe she is a california x new zealand but that is a complete guess. What do you guys think?
She has havana black eyes that shine red so the red eye effect was extreme. Isnt she sweet!

108_0840.jpg

108_0829.jpg

108_0833.jpg

Hi ya, i thought carefully about it and im going to wait until summer. Since i got her 8 months ago shes gone from biting, growling, boxing, thumping, not letting me touch her let alone pick her up to being a nice bunny. She is still very nervy and i think if i get her a new boyfriend her progress will stop. When she was with Brad her behaviour stayed the way it was when she came from the rspca. Consistent good treatment and time heals everybun that is my new mantra i nearly gave up on her when Brad died.

i think she is too, the colour changes throughout the year she gets lighter in the summer. I got her from the rspca Stubbington Ark in Hamshire, i got thir address from rabbitrehome but they dont tend to put bunnies up individually. I told them i'd take the pics and upload if they want to but they declined. I know they have millions of rabbits there, they are the biggest rspca in the country and are not funded through head office.

She is a beautiful looking rabbit, sounds like you have done a lot of work with her to get her into being happier and tamer :D

Its always good to hear succes stories. I did my work experience at the shelter you got her from, going back a few years now mind you! But that is where I got one of my first rabbits from when I was younger, she never really got tame though so well done.

Stacey X

She is a stunner!!!! Love the one of her with her paws daintly placed before her - very ladylike. p.s. well done for persevering and getting the best out of her personality

I read somewhere once that the most aggressive and viscious bunnies can often be the most intelligent. This is another reason not to give up on hard bunnies but i admit when she used to attack me i couldnt help be upset with her.

Hi Emma - Myrtle has beautiful markings - she looks quite the elegant little lady :)

I always have the 'red eye' probs with my pictures - I'm sure Tamsin told me why once before :? - I know I can get rid of it using Photoshop or something, but can never be bothered :lol:

Newish member julian posted this link to a picture editor in the introductions section,
http://www.irfanview.com/
i downloaded it as i never have got the hang of getting rid of red eye with photoshop, too stupid. The editor above is what i used to get rid of the red eye in these pics but at some angles in other pics it doesnt work. Well done julian for posting the link cos its really easy to use, well easier then photoshop.

Its the flash that does it. If you take pictures somewhere sunny then the flash won't go and their eyes come out normal.

Tam

Its the flash that does it. If you take pictures somewhere sunny then the flash won't go and their eyes come out normal :D

Tam

Tamsin said:
Its the flash that does it. If you take pictures somewhere sunny then the flash won't go and their eyes come out normal :D

Tam

Tam, have you noticed I live in Scotland :? :wink:

Chris has very kindly got me some new photo software for PC, which at first glance looks a bit complex for me :? , however, by the end of 2005 I may have mastered how to make myself a signature. In Jan 2006 I will accept defeat and ask Nic to do one :wink:

Back