• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Two New Bunnies

Beapig

Mama Doe
Hi everyone :wave:

First of all, I'm sorry that I've hardly been on here recently, I've missed you all. I got quite depressed when Beatrice died a few months ago, had so much guilt/sadness so just kind of hid myself away for a while.

I'm pleased to say that Hamilton and Beatrice are doing really well and are still happily bonded - their loveliness has been a comfort.

I starting looking for bunny number 3 last month - it felt like the right time and I wanted to take another lone bun off of Gumtree as I did Beatrice and Plumpkin, in their memory. My OH was a bit less keen than me - understandably as Plump's health issues cost us over £2000 in the year we had her. He didn't want another bunny with a lot of health issues (he adored Plumpkin as much as me, but her condition was stressful to manage).

This time last week, two beautiful buns appeared on Gumtree as free for rehoming. They are sisters and will both be four in February. The owners had bought their kids a puppy over lockdown and the children were no longer interested in the bunnies. They are both shy, I suspect because they haven't been handled much. They're both very overweight, probably from a diet of too many carrots and processed treat foods.

We have called the tortoiseshell Maple and the fawn girl Lily. We absolutely love them both and they're settling in well. Other than being chubby buns, they seem healthy and happy. They have a bond which is beautiful to witness - always grooming each other and nuzzling. We will try to bond them with Ham & Jelly in a couple of weeks so they can all live in the big shed setup together.

1-1 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

1-2 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

I'm not sure what breed they are, but they are very big girls. Lily is more shy and Maple is the brave one. I hope I'll be a bit more active on the forum again and need to put some time aside to catch up on all of the posts! It's nice to be back :love:

Welcome back, and what a lovely post :D two stunning bunnies being given a loving new forever home. Really hope they continue to settle in. Good luck with bond !

I have to hand it to you BP, you have an envious ability to find and rehome THE most beautiful and charismatic bunnies. And you chose them because they are not perfect - not in a bad way, but that they are a bit like an unpolished diamond. There is just something there waiting for you to bring out and make them complete - and this is Maple and Lily's story and journey with you. Your one of the very special people in the world, that sadly there aren't many of, but thankfully we find them on this forum. People with huge hearts, and a deep passion to care and enrich. And you are one of those.
You only have to look at the photos and you are drawn into their eyes - such soulful deep and contented eyes. They're happy eyes - healthy eyes and reflect how your bunnies feel and are. They may be on the plump side - and speaking as someone with a 3.5kilo grass gobbling monster, I know how you feel, but you'll get them to where they need to be. I am so excited about following their journey. In some ways, their old journey has ended but they are embarking on an exciting new one - a forever journey in their forever new home. Wonderful. :love:

Awww they look so pretty [emoji7]
Lily does look like she's frowning in the 2nd pic which makes her look all wise [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Awww they look so pretty [emoji7]
Lily does look like she's frowning in the 2nd pic which makes her look all wise [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Lily has a fixed downward turned eye which makes her look concerned all of the time :lol: I'll have to get some more photos of her to share soon. Thank you so so much for all of the lovely comments everyone, they have a new toy coming in the post today so I'll have to share some more photos soon :love:

Lovely bunnies :D Fawn bunnies are the best :love: Our playhouse inside is the same colour and Aboleth would disappear sometimes :lol:

Back