• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi to you all!

Julian

New Kit
Hi to you all!

My daughter and I have one Hulstlander which she shows.

I am currently converting a shed and we are looking to establish a small stud of quality rabbits.

This site is a great find.

We look forward to spending time here.

Apologies for no avatar at present (I am finding reducing the file size a bit of a technical challenge).

Best wishes to you all,

Julian :)

Hi
I am "trying" to use Adobe Photoshop Elements. Seems to have lots of special effects but difficult to use for me. The main problem I have is with file size, I think I have managed to get the pixel size down to less than 80x80 but the file size is still too large and even saving the file in low resolution gives a file size which is too large.
Any idea?

Are you saving as a jpg or gif - these are compressed file types and allow you to upload pictures easier. Once the picture size is correct i.e. 80x80 pixels use the save as function, go to the bottom where it says file type and select jpg then try uploading. Some programs such as paint have a default file type which is too large - I think Adobe photoshop's first choice is its own "photoshop" file type but it can convert to jpg.

Caz

hiya and welcome :wave:
I had a hulstlander, william up untill sept but sadley he caught myxi and he died they are a beautifull breed of rabbit not only to look at but temprement wise too i still miss william

Julian said:
Hi
I am "trying" to use Adobe Photoshop Elements. Seems to have lots of special effects but difficult to use for me. The main problem I have is with file size, I think I have managed to get the pixel size down to less than 80x80 but the file size is still too large and even saving the file in low resolution gives a file size which is too large.
Any idea?

Hi and welcome

As everyone else I look forward to seeing new bunny photos, so here is a link that may help you:

http://www.irfanview.com/

This link is to Irfanview, a free graphics viewer/editor. It really is worth downloading, you will find that you can resize your image to 80 pixels, save it as a jpeg and the file size will be within 6kb. It seems to compress the images much better than the Adobe software.

I hope this is of use to you.

Can't wait to see the photos.

Good luck.

Hiya Julian!

Welcome to the board. I have only just joined recently as well, everyone here is very friendly and it seems like an excellent place to come and get any info bunny based!

Hi there and a very warm welcome to you Julian.
I love Hulstlander bunnies, so look forward to hearing all about yours soon.

Enjoy the Forum
best wishes
Adele and the Guardian Angels Sanctuary rabbits

Hello,

As has been mentioned, make sure it is saving in .jpg or .gif as these will produce a smaller file compatible with the avatars section of profile. If it still says the file is too big, if your ISP provides you with webspace you could host your avatar on there and used remote linked avatar box.

Hi Again,
Thanks to your kind help I have now managed to load an avatar - our Hulstlander doe.
Look forward to spending some time on the site,
Best wishes to you all

Welcome Julian
wave1.gif

Glad you got your Avatar on....beautiful .....what is her name?

Back