• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi Everyone!

Nyki

Warren Scout
Hi

I'm Nyki and I have two lovely little boys who are just over a year old, Bugs who is sort of a grey Dutch and Stu, not quite sure what breed he is (any suggestions gratefully received). They have very different characters, but luckily they are very good friends. Stu is very affectionate and "licky" whereas Bugs prefers to chew!

They both live together in the living room, in a large dog cage with a playpen attached. The tiled floor was too slippery for them, so they have their own rug.

I have very much enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks for having me!

Here are a few pictures which I hope you enjoy.

ys8jvo.jpg

ys8jvp.jpg

ys8mnu.jpg

Awww, they are gorgeous! Brilliant photos :D

Thats a great looking set up too. Is that a cage you have make at the back or a dog crate or similar?

Tam

Hi Tamsin

Thanks for your kind words.

The cage is a dog crate, with a mezzanine level cleverly put together by my partner Paul. He also made the playpen using pvc tube and the metal grill from the commercially available garden playpens. We found that the garden playpens on their own just weren't tall enough. I am a lucky bunny Mummy!!

I love their cage it looks like a proper posh pad! Doesn't the mat get stinky really quickly though? I love the picture of Stu with his leg out, I remember the first time I saw Richard sitting like that I thought his leg had fallen off!

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

Doesn't the mat get stinky really quickly though?

No I'm pleased to say! They are both well house trained and I think it must be the way that their litter tray is set up, they never have wet or dirty feet!

There is a plastic grill above the litter which means "everything" falls through, keeping it well away from the bunnies. It also means I can use ordinary clay based cat litter, without worrying about them swallowing it or being able to kick it up.

This is another invention by my partner Paul, who said that when he builds a second one will take photos to show the construction if anyone is interested, but it may be a few weeks yet.

ysc389.jpg

Hey, I'm getting to like Paul, he's a pretty handy guy :wink:

Can't wait to see if he comes up with any other inventions, he must be great to have around, fancy a swap for a 6ft red eye white?

bunnyhuggger said:

Can't wait to see if he comes up with any other inventions, he must be great to have around, fancy a swap for a 6ft red eye white?[/

:shock: :shock: Sorry Nyki but there is a very long waiting list for Lynda's 6ft red eye white :D :D I am first in the que :wink:

It would'nt be so bad if Lynda would share :wink:

Hello!

Welcome! Your bunnies are very cute :)

Impressed with the layout of their house!! Did wonder about the mat! How did you go about training them to use the litter? My buck goes to the toilet in the right place absolutely no problem, but my Netherland Dwarf doe seems to drop a few pellets here and there when she is running around. Fortunately, only had a couple of wee accidents with her in the couple of years she has been here.

Denny said:
bunnyhuggger said:

Can't wait to see if he comes up with any other inventions, he must be great to have around, fancy a swap for a 6ft red eye white?[/

:shock: :shock: Sorry Nyki but there is a very long waiting list for Lynda's 6ft red eye white :D :D I am first in the que :wink:

It would'nt be so bad if Lynda would share :wink:

*lonnnnnnnngggg sigh* I've to let all those who are on the waiting list know that Jim says "I'll consider sharing myself providing I get to watch Men and Motors (before 9.00pm) and Pimp My Motor any time I want"

:roll:

Hiya and welcome
your buns are lovely!
your dog cage looks very like mine,is that a shelf you have in the cage? if so hows it fixed on and what is it made of?

Hiya Nicki and the Bugs - Wow what a fab set up for your bunnies - its lovely to see the different inventive bunny homes on here!

Love the Pickies - they are lovely bunsters!

Back