• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dental burr and sneezing

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Pip just had to go in for her 4th incisor burr. I don't think they will be growing straight again. [emoji21].

She's been home for 1.5 hrs and seems ok. She's eaten some dried parsley and plantain.

My OH said she's making a weird sneezing sound. I've come inside and she has sneezed once. (Its normal sneezing, he didn't know, sounds like a hiccup) should I be worried about sneezing after a dental?

She hasn't been sneezy after the other dentals. She probably sneezed 5-7 times since she's been home.

She is moulting and smells very strongly of aftershave. I'm wondering if that would make her sneezy. We don't use any perfume at home.

Should I be concerned?

Pip just had to go in for her 4th incisor burr. I don't think they will be growing straight again. [emoji21].

She's been home for 1.5 hrs and seems ok. She's eaten some dried parsley and plantain.

My OH said she's making a weird sneezing sound. I've come inside and she has sneezed once. (Its normal sneezing, he didn't know, sounds like a hiccup) should I be worried about sneezing after a dental?

She hasn't been sneezy after the other dentals. She probably sneezed 5-7 times since she's been home.

She is moulting and smells very strongly of aftershave. I'm wondering if that would make her sneezy. We don't use any perfume at home.

Should I be concerned?

aw Pip ! Glad she got through the burring ok. I've not noticed sneezing post op. I'd be grumpy about the aftershave though & feedback to vet. I do think perfumes would have the ability to irritate. They are banned in my house, aerosols too

Should I be concerned?

Has she had skull radiographs taken to assess her tooth roots ? Sneezing after a Dental procedure often occurs in Rabbits with tooth root elongation, especially Incisor tooth roots .

I would let the Vet know about the sneezing x

Yes we don't use any aerosols either.

No she hasn't had any x-rays done, they haven't suggested that yet. They just emailed me with the pictures and Ive replied saying she's sneezing.

I'll see what they say. It's so difficult when you can't go inside

Jimmy has dentals Every 4/6 weeks and I notice more sneezing when his teeth need doing and just after his dental. [emoji849]poor boy xxx.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

She's been fine now since I messaged. I think it must have been the aftershave. [emoji33] She wasn't sneezy before she went in. She's been munching hay and appetite seems good.

She's been fine now since I messaged. I think it must have been the aftershave. [emoji33] She wasn't sneezy before she went in. She's been munching hay and appetite seems good.

all good. What did Archie think of her new smell?

She's just munching her breakfast. We overslept. Whoops. They normally come and wake us by scampering under our bed.

She seems to have stopped pulling her fur on her right hand side. But she does occasionally tilt her head to the right whilst eating. I think her mouth must still be a bit sore. She did this last time too. [emoji24]

Wish I could talk to her.

Back