• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

47 rabbits need help........

bunnyhuggger

Warren Veteran
Just got this today:

Date: 01/04/05 16:40:36
To: RWAFirstAlert@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RWAFirstAlert] 47 rabbits desperately needing homes in Sussex UK

Dear member

The RWA is forwarding this message on behalf of the Animal Campaign
Express E-newsletter.

(a.c.e@ukf.net ) , sent by Linda Furness

Homes are desperately needed for 47 Dutch rabbit, Belgian hare
crosses. Hutches provided. Must be rehomed before 8th January or
they'll be put to sleep.
Please contact Karen or Anoushka on 01273 885101. It is NOT Karen &
Anoushka who will have them put to sleep - they would never dream of
it. They have heard about them through contacts in the Sussex area
and as they are unable to home more than 3 (they have 116 already!)
they are appealing for homes for the others.

Please do not contact the RWA directly about this notice.

Thank you.

You beat me too it was just going to post :)

The animals are all entire and range in age from 8 weeks to 2 years. The are crosses between dutch and belgium hares! It started off with four adults and the rest are the offspring. There are no pure belgiums, the lady refuses to give up the mums (belgiums).

Foster homes would be useful particularly those in the local area.

Tam

I thought I would ask on here incase someone knows - are these garden rabbits ie they could go outside and if someone was to foster would costs be met??

They could be outside but as belgium hare crosses they will need plenty of excersise space so a large run and hutch/shed.

I'm not sure about costs, the number for the rescue dealing with it is in the top post phone and ask :)

Tam

I live in sussex and feel terrible that these buns will be killed - I should ring - I might ring!! could I cross post this thread to pet rescue??

Yep, cross post.

If you can foster then ring, they do come with hutches. Think first though, there is no point taking them on if you can't cope. You can always ring and ask questions you don't have to take them on just because you called. :)

Best wishes,
Tamsin

Thats great Emma! Do you want me to phone and give her your details or will you get in touch?

Tam

Its ok. I will call her as I will need her address etc. for pick up. I can only pick up the weekend, but that is before the deadline anyway.

Emma

Denny said:
does that mean that they are all in sussex :?:

Planning a day out Denny?

Note to others: is it normal to cross breed buns with Belgian Hares and are there any potential health issues as a result?

Nope, Belgium hares are usually bred to other belgium hares. Belgiums are big bunnies so these will probably need plenty of exercise space and largish hutches (some are adults so you'd be able to get an idea of the final size) if you met them.

Tam

Looking good!

Have just spoken to Karen and they have managed to place all but 11.

Therefore with the 10 I can take (two of which Animal Lifeline can squeeze in and two of which Donna at The Arc can take) this leaves me with 6 to care for here. No doubt we can sort out the extra one though!

If you can phone Karen to confirm this at some stage Tamsin as I am off to clean and feed now and won't get time for th net again. Could you find out what day they are hoping to move them? I can do either day, but need to know asap as I need to plan the weekend for appointments etc.

Thanks!

Emma

WHAT A HONEY YOU ARE EMMA WELL DONE, I WAS VERY CONCERNED AS I SAW THE AD ON RR BUT LIVE IN ESSEX, PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED OF HOW THEY AND YOURSELF GET ON!!!! AND SOME PICS PLEASE WHEN YOU GET THE TIME.
GOOD STUFF YOUR AN ANGEL
XXXX

Wow! - Brill News - Looks like these Bunns have the Angels shining on them then :wink:

Well done Emma and everyone involved.

Thats great, I'll ring and confirm that Emma. Sue says she can take 4 if needed.

Tam

luvabun said:
Denny said:
does that mean that they are all in sussex :?:

Planning a day out Denny?

:) Would have considered it if the places had not been found (as a fosterer to the smaller ones, until space in a rescue was available) but luckily it's all seem sorted now :D Well done everyone involved :D

She's talking to the woman tommorow to arrange getting them and then will give you a ring Emma. She says after your ten have gone there will be 6 left. 5 x 16 week olds of unkown sex and one male.

So I'll speak to Sue and see if she'd like some.

Tam

yay!
luxhello.gif
boldyellow.gif

Back