• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gas

Has anyone seen a bun drag their back feet while trying to get comfy with gas?

Been treating Primrose for gas since about 11.30 today. It's not unusual for her to have a bout every so often we think possibly some builders next door have stressed her.

Shes having simethicone and I gave metacam straight away. Her belly is as loud as mine when it rumbles.

So far I've felt comfortable that this is usual for her episodes but the movement with her back legs aren't something I've seen before.

She sometimes does the reverse shuffle lots with gas but not this.
c6c3b857f5b093abd51db6067a817e7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

The video doesn't work for me. I can't offer any help but will bump your post in the hope that someone more knowledgeable will see.

Hopefully you will have contacted a Vet by now
as I fear that you are dealing with something more serious than ‘just’ gas . I hope that I am wrong, but Bunny looks as though she may have Bloat .:cry:

Yes I think so too. I think we might lose her and its breaking my heart.

We're following the vet advice and she'll be on her way to hospital very soon now.

It's not looking good for her at all.

Thank you all just waiting for the vet to get all her ppe on before she goes in for a thorough exam.

Have had to send my husband in with them because I can't see with a face mask and tears clogging up my glasses.

Thank you all just waiting for the vet to get all her ppe on before she goes in for a thorough exam.

Have had to send my husband in with them because I can't see with a face mask and tears clogging up my glasses.

Come on Primrose, keep fighting xx

Thanks everyone. She's been admitted with a sore stomach with no obvious cause. Just a sore spot when our exotics vet palpates.

No bloat thank god and her sugars don't indicate a blockage.

But shes off for xrays ultrasounds and bloods to see how we go.

Thanks everyone. She's been admitted with a sore stomach with no obvious cause. Just a sore spot when our exotics vet palpates.

No bloat thank god and her sugars don't indicate a blockage.

But shes off for xrays ultrasounds and bloods to see how we go.

So pleased that she does not have bloat. I hope that the Vet can get her feeling a lot better very soon xx

Its not good news. The imaging shows gas everywhere and her circulation is struggling because of that.

They're trying to stabilise her now but they still dont know what the problem is.

It could be a foreign body but she has some poo in her system which would normally rule that out.

They're treating her for her pain and gut drugs to see if things move along. If theres no progress in two hours we're going to have to consider surgery but currently shes just not stable enough.

I am praying we see some movement in the next few hours as I'm not sure we can put her through surgery as we want to be kind.

Shes only 3 and half years old [emoji24]

Its not good news. The imaging shows gas everywhere and her circulation is struggling because of that.

They're trying to stabilise her now but they still dont know what the problem is.

It could be a foreign body but she has some poo in her system which would normally rule that out.

They're treating her for her pain and gut drugs to see if things move along. If theres no progress in two hours we're going to have to consider surgery but currently shes just not stable enough.

I am praying we see some movement in the next few hours as I'm not sure we can put her through surgery as we want to be kind.

Shes only 3 and half years old [emoji24]

Oh I am sorry to hear how poorly she is :cry: Lots more vibes being sent for her xx

Back