• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding - what do you think?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
my doe and buck only meet briefly for a fight, (he took her by suprise and paid for it) on the next meeting they done the do and she got pregnant and had the babies 8 weeks ago. he lives outside and she lives in the shed.

i want to bon them to live together and was thinking shall i put him in the hutch oppsite her for a dew days before bonding them or just take them into the bathroom for a neutral meeting? what do you think is best?

thanks

I think putting him in the opposite hutch is a good idea, then try the bathroom. Don't forget you can't introduce them until 6 weeks after he has been neutered.

Tam

Yep I would get them used to eachothers scents and if you have 2 runs or something that separates them with wire between them, put them out in that so they get used to eachother. Good signs to look for are them laying next to eachother and generally being friendly!!

Also I wouldn't rush it, take it at their pace, some bonding can take a while and some can be love at first sight :)

Back