• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding for rabbits that need extra care

cjmaclean

Young Bun
Hello,

I am looking for a boarder that could possibly look after my four rabbits while my husband and I are away on a trip in April. It is my 40th birthday (Yikes!) and we wanted to do something special.

But we have a couple of rabbits that need a bit of extra care. We have two bonded pairs: one pair live indoors and the other pair live outdoors.

The female who lives indoors (a cashmere lop) has a bit of a problem with not eating her caecotrophs at night....so this means a bit of a clean up each morning. She herself is clean but her sleeping area has some squished caectrophs to clean up. She was a rescue after she got flystrike and was dumped. Her partner is fine but hates travelling so we would rather not take him too far from where we live (Cambridge) if possible.

Our other male who lives outside in a shed has to be checked once a week or so for urine scald as he was rescued from a house with 25 rabbits all living together outside, and he got bitten by a female in the worst possible place: you guessed it. So he doesn't pee properly and it has to be wiped with disinfectant once a week or so.

We would be happy to pay boarding costs, or alternatively could do a reciprocal arrangement if someone could look after our rabbits and we could look after theirs, etc. We are hoping we can find someone who isn't too far from us who has some experience with rabbits that need a bit of extra care.

If anyone can help us, we would be very grateful!

Best wishes,
Cathy

Hi Everyone,

We have decided to take our bunnies to Adele at Guardian Angels while we go on holiday. It is a long drive, but they will be in the best of hands and probably won't want to come home again!!

Thanks,
Cathy

cjmaclean said:
Hi Everyone,

We have decided to take our bunnies to Adele at Guardian Angels while we go on holiday. It is a long drive, but they will be in the best of hands and probably won't want to come home again!!

Thanks,
Cathy

Top choice!! Thats where Totti and Brody went whilst I was down under and I did have to drag them back kicking and screaming as they had such a great time there :lol: :lol:

I am really looking forward to meeting you and the bunnies Cathy, your choice of boarding facilities is good from my point of view (and hopefully from the bunnies too :p :lol: )...I get to spend some time with your little darlings, and you have the opportunity to meet all the bunnies in the Sanctuary :D

bluebunny said:
Adele do you look after piggies aswell or just bunnies?

Yes! I can accommodate piggies too Marie :wink: :D
We have always had piggies ourselves but when our last one Tinkerbel passed away aged 10, I decided not to have any more for a few years.
I love it when piggies come to stay here, they soon learn to squeak when the fridge door opens!! :p :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
bluebunny said:
Adele do you look after piggies aswell or just bunnies?

Yes! I can accommodate piggies too Marie :wink: :D
We have always had piggies ourselves but when our last one Tinkerbel passed away aged 10, I decided not to have any more for a few years.
I love it when piggies come to stay here, they soon learn to squeak when the fridge door opens!! :p :lol: :lol:

aww dont you just love um!!!! would you pm your post code im going to work out how long it would take to get to you,would you be able to accomodate 4 buns and 4 pigs or is it to many? being in mind its two pairs of buns and 2 pairs of pigs

Back