• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Bertie - new roof today!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
We are getting a new roof today and it is very noisy! Bertie lives upstairs but we are on stand by to move him if he gets too distressed. He never goes downstairs so it would be unfamiliar, but it would certainly be quieter!

Good luck with the roof, I think I'd be tempted to move him downstairs while it's being done. If he's got some of his familiar things, and somewhere to hide, and knows you're there, hopefully he'd been fine with that xx

Bertie has bravely nibbled a treat between thumps. He is disinclined to be picked up and carried downstairs!

A nibbling Bertie is good :) Treacle says Bertie is welcome to come and spend the day with her ;)

Bertie says thanks! He has nibbled some more and had a drink. I think he is annoyed because he can't thump louder than the noise the roofers are making.

Bertie is bearing up well. He is under the chair where he usually settles for his afternoon doze.

The roofers ran out of tiles so will be back on Monday. I am so proud of Bertie. He coped much better than I expected!

Brave Bertie was thinking a giant bunny was thumping on the roof and is relieved his territory is now safe.:lol:

Back