• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christmas Trees

nicolar

Mama Doe
Hi

Are Christmas trees poisonous to rabbits? My rabbit keeps trying to eat the tree and I don't know whether it is dangerous or not! I'm trying to keep her away from it!

Thanks

Nicola

I don't know for sure but over the festive period mine have had a little nibble, I kept an eye on them and they seem to be fine!

Yep I caught her having a nibble today and yesterday! She seems absolutely fine so don't think it does any damage, just wondered really!

Thora was having a bit of an explore and I think she had a few despite 2 of us trying to chase her out from behind she was merrily doing her own thing. Nothing phases her!

Shes ok :)

Lol that reminds me of last week, Princess went behind it and my Dad and I were trying to shuffle her out - they do what they like don't they!! :lol:

Christmas trees are fine.
There seems to be conflicting information saying they are poisonous but apparently pine evergreen trees are ok.
However, if you xmas tree have been treated, the treatment chemicals can be poisonous!
We're going to try our first tree this year, and I may to wash it down lightly with a hose first, just to be sure.

http://www.rabbit.org/care/holidays.html

Maybe he was searching for Christmas tree advice and didn't notice the date.

Useful thread to draw up though - I was wondering the same - don't know whether we can have a real tree or not!

Back