• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone recommended a good brush for bunnies?

Steve m

Young Bun
Hiya I brush our two on a daily basis yet still find some poop necklaces so wondered if anyone got any suggestions as to a better brush? We use a four paws brush and did buy a furminator but found that too harsh
Cheers

I use a metal dog comb for all my animals (dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs). Double sided ones can be useful for fur that tends to mat, just to get it started with the wider spaced teeth, otherwise just the normal comb will pretty much do everything. You need to get down to the base of the fur, so combs do a better job imo. Brushes tend to not get right down to the skin. Just doing the surface layers means that loose undercoat stays there.

My smaller furries are all long haired and get groomed once a week normally, maybe twice if they are having a full moult.

A popular one is the Cat Zoom Groom. Try to ensure your Bunnies eat lots of hay and keep well hydrated. I have 35 and no "strings of pearls", not boasting but just to say it is possible with the right diet. Do your buns have a bowl for water?

A popular one is the Cat Zoom Groom. Try to ensure your Bunnies eat lots of hay and keep well hydrated. I have 35 and no "strings of pearls", not boasting but just to say it is possible with the right diet. Do your buns have a bowl for water?
How do you manage this D: Clementine often gets strung together poops when she's having a heavy moult :(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

What fresh foods do you feed Tonibun? I need the secret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's saying something. Our have two water bowls, fresh Timothy hay from haybox, sprinkle of nuggets morning and night plus greens and forage for tea time. Maybe some breeds get this more than others our angora lion cross is moulting daily at the moment

Back