• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those that have house buns...

Glingle

Warren Veteran
Is it just me that feels incredibly guilty when they are snoozing or relaxed and you accidentally disturb them?
I didn’t have lunch today because Beans was flopped out snoozing by the fridge freezer and I would have woken him. There’s dirty crockery piled up on the side rather than in the dishwasher, because I have to chase him out of the litter tray to get into it. Try explaining that to your colleagues on a video call!

Is it just me that feels incredibly guilty when they are snoozing or relaxed and you accidentally disturb them?
I didn’t have lunch today because Beans was flopped out snoozing by the fridge freezer and I would have woken him. There’s dirty crockery piled up on the side rather than in the dishwasher, because I have to chase him out of the litter tray to get into it. Try explaining that to your colleagues on a video call!

:lol:

Other than digging Mousey out of her box for her noon dose of metacam the only time I seem to disturb any of mine is Joey when I hover under the bed once a week - Boo loves the new hoover- I think she likes the lights :lol: When I've had bunnies in the kitchen temporarily I do feel guilty about food smells though & Bob is always banned from cooking meat

I know exactly what you mean. A lot of the time I'll be desperate to have a quick run around with the hoover but I just can't do it if they're snoozing.

Actually a lot of the time they'll have a snooze right in front of the cupboard where the hoover lives. They know that there is absolutely no way I'd move them to get it out!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean. A lot of the time I'll be desperate to have a quick run around with the hoover but I just can't do it if they're snoozing.

Actually a lot of the time they'll have a snooze right in front of the cupboard where the hoover lives. They know that there is absolutely no way I'd move them to get it out!

Clever bunnies! :lol:

Pickle and Beans recognise the noise of a hand in the treat jar and come running when they hear it. It’s on the edge of the worktop by the back door. Sometimes rather than disturb them, when I get something out of the fridge eg a bottle of juice or something, I’ll stand and use the edge of the worktop to top up my drink, or leave the bottle of pop there rather than have to go all the way through the kitchen. If Pickle notices me stood there he will optimistically run over and start begging for a treat. Beans then notices and hops over to try his luck too! They’ve got me trained.:lol:

It’s when little white tummies are on show that I absolutely can’t bear to disturb them. When an eye suddenly pops open or their head goes up to see what’s happening, I feel so so guilty!

I know how you feel. I'd go many days extra without hoovering just so I didn't disturb the girls.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

This is the exact reason I didn't do any cleaning today. I hate disturbing them snooze. This means between 11 and 4 no cleaning can done [emoji1787]. Unfortunately they like to sleep on the stairs. So if I need to use the bathroom I tip toe past saying sorry. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Speaking of house buns. When you're watching something slightly insalubrious on the telly, do you feel the need to comment on it to your buns? This is what I usually do:

"Don't look Fudgie, they're having it off!"

"Just listen to that potty mouth! Disgraceful! Cover your ears Snoops!"

They just ignore me.

I despise housework as a general rule, so there's no better excuse for me than when Jenna is all curled up on my lap, having just gotten comfortable a few hours ago, and I can't bear to shift her! :lol:
Mind, she does this several times a day...every day. :roll:

When I've had bunnies in the kitchen temporarily I do feel guilty about food smells though & Bob is always banned from cooking meat
I took some pate-on-bread outside and Lopsy gave it a good sniff :lol: Didn't try it though :lol:

Speaking of house buns. When you're watching something slightly insalubrious on the telly, do you feel the need to comment on it to your buns? This is what I usually do:

"Don't look Fudgie, they're having it off!"

"Just listen to that potty mouth! Disgraceful! Cover your ears Snoops!"

They just ignore me.
We had Lopsy downstairs for half a day in the front room and Jurassic Park was on. He seemed to like it! I would totally do this though, and have done it with cuddly toys/similar...

I took some pate-on-bread outside and Lopsy gave it a good sniff :lol: Didn't try it though :lol:

We had Lopsy downstairs for half a day in the front room and Jurassic Park was on. He seemed to like it! I would totally do this though, and have done it with cuddly toys/similar...

bit scary for him I would've thought! :lol:

Must admit I am sort of missing the white fluffy ear tips of my temporary house guest but I'm not missing having to be careful how much sound I make so as not to scare him.

Had to take Sylvester to the vets last Wednesday for stasis (gas, low temp & high glucose), didn't get him back until Friday and have only just put him back out to rebond with his mate yesterday.

I'm actually half tempted to bang a pan & spoon in front of Joey to disrupt his snoozy time intentionally - whats good for the goose

I'm guessing you got a very early bunny alarm call this morning!

the one would be acceptable! he is on a skirting board redesigning mission & keeps dragging blind boobly in to misbehaving too. Its incessant and no amount of apple sticks, willow & hay cookies helps. It only started when we got him the carpet he'd been naggin for 3 years for, never bothered with them before. He's 100 % ginger rotter. I am letting him sleep though

Spenser had a very low tolerance of dusting and cleaning activities. He was not frightened of the hoover, but if he was fur-puddles we just had to hoover round him. Bertie is very different to Spenser in most ways, but is equally resistant to moving out of the hoover's path.

I decided to video J&B's reaction to hoovering up their hay cookie & moulty mess. So Boo seems to like it? Joey looks mildly annoyed &, if my eyes arent deceiving me does three press ups - whats all that about.

https://imgur.com/8LjWAmQ

Back