• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay box

Steve m

Young Bun
Been using haybox company for delivery of Timothy hay and straw since start of this year and can't fault them personally our buns wouldn't eat any other hay now. Anyone else got good or bad things to say about them or anyone who hasn't tried or heard of them?

Been using haybox company for delivery of Timothy hay and straw since start of this year and can't fault them personally our buns wouldn't eat any other hay now. Anyone else got good or bad things to say about them or anyone who hasn't tried or heard of them?

None of mine would eat it! Which is odd because they aren't exactly fussy hay eaters tbh.. But they just weren't into it. It looked good quality tho!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I use them too, for Timothy Hay. Reese loves it mixed in with Alfafa which is his real favourite.

All mine love it and eat twice as much as they do of any other hay... pleasing but expensive [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it and have no complaints with the hay directly, it doesn't flare up my allergies (or Luna's allergies!!!), probably due to how little dust. the boxes are nice, less waste, and the can make a good hide for the buns when I give them (I don't all the time as Orion likes to eat cardboard, so its a sparing toy).

I've tried other timothy hay and I get so itchy, I end up scratching my skin and my eyes are irritated. of course, that's their favourite hay too. Luna seems to have allergies also, so the dust free certainly helps.

my only complaint is the price honestly.. its very nice hay, green, smells excellent. but at £30 a box for timothy hay..its a bit eye watering. thankfully its not an every month purchase.

I use it and have no complaints with the hay directly, it doesn't flare up my allergies (or Luna's allergies!!!), probably due to how little dust. the boxes are nice, less waste, and the can make a good hide for the buns when I give them (I don't all the time as Orion likes to eat cardboard, so its a sparing toy).

I've tried other timothy hay and I get so itchy, I end up scratching my skin and my eyes are irritated. of course, that's their favourite hay too. Luna seems to have allergies also, so the dust free certainly helps.

my only complaint is the price honestly.. its very nice hay, green, smells excellent. but at £30 a box for timothy hay..its a bit eye watering. thankfully its not an every month purchase.

whaaat? :shock:

£6 a kilo for Timothy, £4 for meadow

There is no way I'm trying mine on this as I couldn't sustain it. Mine were fine on £4 baled hay until I decided to introduce them to timothyhay.co.uk & now they won't touch the cheap stuff.

It does look really lovely

10kg of timothy hay is £29.95..so its basically £30 :?
10kg of meadow hay is £24.95
& you can get a mixed bag of both meadow & timothy, 10kg is £27.45

its..yeah. quite expensive. I honestly doubt I'll be able to sustain it once I move and have more bills to pay. so I'll have to source elsewhere more than likely.

10kg of timothy hay is £29.95..so its basically £30 :?
10kg of meadow hay is £24.95
& you can get a mixed bag of both meadow & timothy, 10kg is £27.45

its..yeah. quite expensive. I honestly doubt I'll be able to sustain it once I move and have more bills to pay. so I'll have to source elsewhere more than likely.

It comes out a bit cheaper if you subscribe and save so basically 15kg of Timothy comes out at £37.85 at £2.53 per kilo and comes in 3 5kg boxes

Feel a tad guilty saying how expensive they are - its on a par with timothyhay.co.uk if you order bigger sizes so I'm giving it a go. I hope they like it. I will enjoy not having to dispose of those sacks. I'll let you know what my lot say when it arrives

I hope they like it!

for comparison, May 2020 farm price for regular hay was £52 per tonne

I hope they like it!

for comparison, May 2020 farm price for regular hay was £52 per tonne

I hope so too - enough to eat lots since they are all potentially dental buns (boo is, Mouse has borderline spurs, Joey has had 2 in 9 years)

I don't understand tonnes. Update. Bob said 1000k in a tonne. So 50p a kilo? How much did you buy?

I hope so too - enough to eat lots since they are all potentially dental buns (boo is, Mouse has borderline spurs, Joey has had 2 in 9 years)

I don't understand tonnes. Update. Bob said 1000k in a tonne. So 50p a kilo? How much did you buy?

£0.05 isn't it?

Back