• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nest building

luvabun

Warren Veteran
Molly, at the grand old age of 11, has decided to biult a nest. :shock: It was a bit disconcerting coming home to piles of fur in the corner of the hutch. At first I thought the worst but remembered that Sue at the rescue said she had done this recenlty there. Why would she do this?
headscratch.gif
I'd like to think its Totti's bunny manliness but I doubt it as he's missing a few bits :wink: :wink: Bless her, she needs all the fur she's got in this weather.

luvabun said:
Molly, at the grand old age of 11, has decided to biult a nest. :shock: It was a bit disconcerting coming home to piles of fur in the corner of the hutch. At first I thought the worst but remembered that Sue at the rescue said she had done this recenlty there. Why would she do this?
headscratch.gif
I'd like to think its Totti's bunny manliness but I doubt it as he's missing a few bits :wink: :wink: Bless her, she needs all the fur she's got in this weather.

Means the old girl wants some babies bless :lol: Best to leave her to it - she'll abandon the nest in a few days to a week and then you can get rid of it! Aww seems cruel somehow to destroy their work LOL!

Eeek, I got rid of the fur straightaway. Does that mean she's going to strip herself even more, poor old dear :shock:

I agree with Fluffybunny, she wants her own family.

We reguarly get unneutered does making a nest and it's only because they can smell the males. They soon get bored of the nest and leave it .

luvabun said:
Eeek, I got rid of the fur straightaway. Does that mean she's going to strip herself even more, poor old dear :shock:

She could do, but if she hasn't in the next few days chances are she won't. There's no right or wrong - just what I was told when one of mine did it LOL!
I'm sure she'll hold out even if she pulls more of her fur...is she inside or out? If outside then just give her an extra inch of shavings and a big bed of straw and she'll be very happy :)

xxx

Fluffybunny said:
I'm sure she'll hold out even if she pulls more of her fur...is she inside or out? If outside then just give her an extra inch of shavings and a big bed of straw and she'll be very happy :)

xxx

She's outdoors and the hutch is piled high with hay/straw and she has a snugglesafe heatpad now as well. So hopefully she's warm and toasty.

Denny said:
Molly still nesting Jill :?:

Touch wood no. She's lost weight though. She's on the same food as she was at the rescue and is pooing fine (obviously eating hay as well). she is a dainty eater - I put that down to her age but now concerned about the weight loss. Any ideas? Teeth fine - just been checked.

Back