• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rabbit

I just adopted a baby rabbit. They said that she is a Belgian hare and Dutch mix. She is 2 months old and 3 pounds. I was wondering if any of you know how much she will weigh when she is full grown?

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave: sorry I can't advise, I've no experience of either of these breeds, I'm sure someone will come along soon who can help you :)

I had a Dutch rabbit years ago and they weigh between 4 and 4.5 pounds full grown, yet from what I understand the Belgiam hare can grow larger.
My Dutch was adopted as an adult, so I do not know how much he weight at 2 months as a comparison.
You bunny's adult size will depend on the genetics he inherited from each side of his family.
Welcome to the forum and good luck with you new bunny.
You will find a lot of good information, as well as friendship, on RU.

I had a Dutch rabbit years ago and they weigh between 4 and 4.5 pounds full grown, yet from what I understand the Belgiam hare can grow larger.
My Dutch was adopted as an adult, so I do not know how much he weight at 2 months as a comparison.
You bunny's adult size will depend on the genetics he inherited from each side of his family.
Welcome to the forum and good luck with you new bunny.
You will find a lot of good information, as well as friendship, on RU.

Thank you😊

Back