• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed! Pregnant rabbit on day 34 of pregnancy

Hi just want some advice my mini lop is on 34 days now into her pregnancy this is her first pregnancy. I just want some advice on my concerns
she pulled loads of fur Friday 2 days ago then made her nest the way she liked it yesterday still no sign of buns
all she is doing is sitting in her nest now since last night I have noticed she hasn't eaten much today so could today be the day who knows but all I want to know is shall I call vets on day 35 if there is nothing or just wait? she is defo pregnant as vet did confirm she is so it cant be false pregnancy.

Hi just want some advice my mini lop is on 34 days now into her pregnancy this is her first pregnancy. I just want some advice on my concerns
she pulled loads of fur Friday 2 days ago then made her nest the way she liked it yesterday still no sign of buns
all she is doing is sitting in her nest now since last night I have noticed she hasn't eaten much today so could today be the day who knows but all I want to know is shall I call vets on day 35 if there is nothing or just wait? she is defo pregnant as vet did confirm she is so it cant be false pregnancy.

If she is not eating much today then she is highly likely to kindle tonight. Does tend to eat very little in the 12 or so hours prior to Kindling. If she does not kindle tonight you definitely need to seek Veterinary advice.

Good luck :)

As Jane's advice. Also once she has fully recovered and babies are weaned please consider spaying her, not only will it help prevent future litters but also the risk of uterine cancer

Update**

Shes eaten a little and nibbled a carrot now but I cant see any signs of kits. Not moving from her nest still

Yes this was a planned litter I keep them as pets and I will be getting her spayed after this.

Update**

Shes eaten a little and nibbled a carrot now but I cant see any signs of kits. Not moving from her nest still

Yes this was a planned litter I keep them as pets and I will be getting her spayed after this.

If there are no Kits by now then please contact the Vet immediately. Your Doe will need to be examined, especially as this is her first litter. How old is she ? Complications are likely to occur in a Doe too young to breed or too old to have a first litter.

She may have just one very large Kit that will be impossible for her to deliver vaginally, she would need a C section. Or there may be other kits as well as one very large one, but the other kits would not be able to be delivered if the very large kit is blocking the birth canal.

The Vet will not be able to adequately assess the situation via a telephone consultation, a proper examination is needed.

Hope things work out OK for your Doe and her Kits x

Starting to think the vets were wrong and she wasnt pregnant now
I think she has just the one kit as she hasnt hot a big belly I can only see one lump. Just waiting for the vets to open see what they can do

Back