• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Territorial peeing returned. Arghhhh

Mervinius

Mama Doe
I think I've jinxed myself, by saying I cured Pip's errant peeing, by stopping putting them away at night. It was working perfect. Then during lockdown, we decided to get rid of the dog crates. They were always open and looked ugly, so seemed pointless.

Buns seemed very pleased to have less obstacles and it means Pip can't chew the metal bars, which we thought might be causing her incisor problem.

Anyway. The errant night time weeing started straight away. I expected this because of changing their home a little. Everything else is the same, just no outer cage.

However it's gone on for weeks now and it's very tiring cleaning wee up every morning. It's definitely a deliberate wee. It's right next to the litter tray and it's bright orange. Only happens whilst we are asleep!

Any ideas how I can stop this?

I have threatened selling her, but it's just not working. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Anyone want an adorable black peeing machine?

I think I've jinxed myself, by saying I cured Pip's errant peeing, by stopping putting them away at night. It was working perfect. Then during lockdown, we decided to get rid of the dog crates. They were always open and looked ugly, so seemed pointless.

Buns seemed very pleased to have less obstacles and it means Pip can't chew the metal bars, which we thought might be causing her incisor problem.

Anyway. The errant night time weeing started straight away. I expected this because of changing their home a little. Everything else is the same, just no outer cage.

However it's gone on for weeks now and it's very tiring cleaning wee up every morning. It's definitely a deliberate wee. It's right next to the litter tray and it's bright orange. Only happens whilst we are asleep!

Any ideas how I can stop this?

I have threatened selling her, but it's just not working. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Anyone want an adorable black peeing machine?

Yes please, I miss mine terribly

Joey & Boo sometimes do a tiny wee outside the litter tray zone. Their room has recently been carpeted so under litter trays I put preventative lino on top of the carpet on top of which I have bit of fleece or folded quilt cover which is really easy to change. Sorry I've no solutions / ideas re; stopping it. How do you know its Pip & not Archie?

[/B] Yes please, I miss mine terribly

Joey & Boo sometimes do a tiny wee outside the litter tray zone. Their room has recently been carpeted so under litter trays I put preventative lino on top of the carpet on top of which I have bit of fleece or folded quilt cover which is really easy to change. Sorry I've no solutions / ideas re; stopping it. How do you know its Pip & not Archie?

She's a very demanding top bun. You have to give her treats everytime you go in the kitchen or open any tubberware. [emoji1787]

These are quite big wees. I don't mind the little teeny spots. I have an extra blanket or rug that goes in that spot, so I can easily chuck it in the washer, but everyday is infuriating. Today there was 3 which is unusual [emoji848]. It could be Archie, but I'm pretty certain it's Pip. She much more territorial and I have witnessed a errant pee in action. Maybe you could take both buns? [emoji1787] Just in case.

Some bun's just like to pee where they feel like they want to. I would be worried if it was everywhere but if it's just around the litter tray could you not just get a bigger one? Or perhaps a dog bed or something. Have you got a photo I am struggling to visualise this morning! :lol:

Some bun's just like to pee where they feel like they want to. I would be worried if it was everywhere but if it's just around the litter tray could you not just get a bigger one? Or perhaps a dog bed or something. Have you got a photo I am struggling to visualise this morning! [emoji38]

The litter tray is already huge and I tried putting two there and she just moved the wee patch on a little bit. [emoji1787] I'll go take you a photo......yes I'm struggling this morning.

The litter tray is already huge and I tried putting two there and she just moved the wee patch on a little bit. [emoji1787] I'll go take you a photo......yes I'm struggling this morning.

I don't have any advice but I do empathise as Whitney is exactly the same!! She fools you for weeks too, then suddenly when you think everything is fine, she does another one :lol: Only overnight too, it's like she does it on purpose when I'm in a rush for work in the mornings :lol:

The peeing area is right in front of Pips face. She doesn't normally lie there, but I e moved her square there to soak up and more wees!
a896dea99ebcc909c7e1ba5af05fbf4f.jpg

One of mine has did a wee in what seemed like a deliberate place but *fingers crossed* it hasn't happened since! I've got a dog crate you can borrow if you think it'll help ;P It's VERY noisy though, the whole bottom is bent :lol:

Mine would pee on the blanket and the squares :lol: anything soft is a toilet as far as they are concerned:roll:

Oh I'm glad Whitney is the same. Yes I've been lulled before thinking she'd stopped. Hmmm. I think they are too smart.

Thanks for the dig crate offer, but that what we just removed. Our was noisey too. Especially if the thumped in there. Hahaha

Archie and Pip are very good with their soft things, they really only pee to claim something. Otherwise my house would be covered in wee.

Back