• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Glasgow Vet Recommendation

chloe721

New Kit
Hi all,

My 7yo house bunny Flynn has had a bit of a rough time of things recently. He had a dental procedure a couple of weeks ago where a spur was causing a tongue laceration and led to him going into a bout of GI stasis.
Unfortunately he still seems to be in a bit of discomfort. His eating/drinking/toilet has gone back to normal but he is still moving his mouth in a chewing formation and occasionally grinding his teeth. He is usually very affectionate but has been a bit more reserved over the last two weeks since he got home from his surgery (though some evenings he is showing signs of being his normal self).
Overall, it has been a very stressful time for us and what made it more difficult is that I have felt that we have received very poor care from our vet and there were several instances of negligence. Due to this, I am extremely reluctant to take him back there and would prefer the second opinion of someone with maybe a bit more experience in rabbit care. If anyone had any specific vets they use in the Glasgow area I would be really grateful for the recommendation!

Thank you!

Last edited:
I live in the south side but to be honest I would be prepared to take him anywhere if it meant getting him the care he needs!

There is a really bunny savvy vet called Madonna who works in Ark vets in Coatbridge, although that might be a bit far for you. Taylor vets are on the RWAF list - their most bunny savvy vet (Laura) has been on furlough so not sure if she’s back yet. Those are the only ones I know off the top of my head that aren’t too far from Glasgow.

Back