PDA

View Full Version : help, my doe is licking her own pee?

bunnylove
02-01-2005, 11:37 AM
hi i found my bunny licking her own pee this morning i know they eat the other but licking pee?

if anyone know if this is ok please let me know asap or should i take her to the vets?

Caz
02-01-2005, 12:17 PM
I haven't heard of that but is her water source ok, spout isn't frozen or blocked etc?

Caz

bunnylove
02-01-2005, 01:21 PM
i had to bring my doe in and her babies for the night because i had painted there hutches in preserver and the paint had not dried enough last night. i put the babies in the run and let bracken the adult doe free run of the house. she was fine and had access to water but when i let her out of the run this morning she peed at the bottom of the stairs and i saw her licking it. strange has she had acess to water....

Maaike_Butter
02-01-2005, 02:11 PM
One of my buns keeps weeing in her food dish when it's empty and licking it...very odd...I just make sure I remove it as soon as they've emptied it. Haven't found anything on it, though.

Anyone know more?

Diddeen
02-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Mine occassionally pees on newspaper then eats the wet paper! I havent seen him lick his pee up normally but usually its on cat litter.
Dunno why they do it..

Toby
05-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Toby has also done this from his toilet corner before. I think it's to keep their home clean. I have heard rabbits like to be clean. Personally I think Ill stick to the hover :lol: