• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unsure if I’m getting a genuine mini lop?

Leannejh12

New Kit
Hi, we are due to pick up our mini lop next weekend. And so far from the pictures that I have been sent, j have doubts as to whether it is a mini lop. The breeder says it is a full mini lop, but she isn’t great at taking pictures. And I’ve only seen a front on angle. She has posted pictures of others from the same litter and one in particular does look like a genuine mini lop. I just want to know your thoughts. I will post pictures of the blue self doe we are getting, and pictures of another light coloured doe, which looks more like it with a flat face. Am I worrying over nothing?

Ask to see parents. Some pure bred bunnies have pedigrees, most do not. Even pure bred bunnies can vary somewhat in size and shape.

Have you considered a rescue rabbit? You will defo know what you are getting then, plus added bonus already neutered, vaccinated etc

Better still 2 rescue rabbits, already bonded, neutered and vaccinated if old enough. Rabbits love the company of other rabbits. Mine are rarely apart. Aww.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I don't think breed matters so it's not something I've ever thought about. I'd definitely go to a rescue instead. They're absolutely bursting with rabbits needing homes. Saves so much money too as already neutered and vaccinated.

Back