• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies inside or out!!!!!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi my rabbits live outdoors in the shed, but today i painted the insides of there hutches in wood preserver and its still a little damp, so i have brought them in do you think this is ok, i have turned the heating off, do you think them being in the house for the night will be a problem?

thanks

I think it should be okay. My buns normally live out in the shed but have brought them in over the new year to keep me company as home on my own.

I quite often bring them in for the night as as I don't get back home from work til 7.30pm and I'd never see them during the week otherwise!

Amelia said:
I think it should be okay. My buns normally live out in the shed but have brought them in over the new year to keep me company as home on my own.

I quite often bring them in for the night as as I don't get back home from work til 7.30pm and I'd never see them during the week otherwise!

great thanks for that i was a little worried as the babies are only eight weeks.
thanks

bunnylove said:
Amelia said:

great thanks for that i was a little worried as the babies are only eight weeks.
thanks

Not sure about babies as mine are 1 and 2 years old :?

I think as long as they don't go from one extreme to another they should be okay. The shed where my two live is normally quite warm anyway and they both have snuggle pads and vet bed in there to keep them warm. I just make sure the room in the house isn't too warm for them when they come in.

hi they should be fine, i had to bring some babies that stayed in a shed into the house as they were ill and when they were better they went bk into the shed were r fine
becky

As long as the ambient (room) temperature is below 24 C (some people say 21) they should be fine. It's probably better for them to be inside, anyway!!!

Can you introduce a rabbit who is used to being outside to become a house rabbit? How do you train and what do you tend to keep them in? Sorry to ask! :oops: Thank you

hi sarah what is it you want to do and i will help u as much as poss.
do you want to bring the outside rabbit in or the inside rabbit out?

what breed are they and what age?
thanks eve x

Back