• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did anyone see OK magazine?

Clare Green

Young Bun
I happened to pick up a copy of OK magazine yesterday, was amazed to see a small article about Rabbit Rehome in it! It's got a picture of Seymour & Nougat (I wonder if they realise how famous they are) from Heathlands Animal Sancutary. I was so glad to see it in such a high profile magazine, really good to raise awareness of our furry friends plight!

Hiya Clare - I haven't seen the article but great PR exposure for RR - I'm off to try and nap a copy from somewhere :!:

At least everyone can see it then without having to sneek in to the local doctors surgery!
I thought it was a bit spooky when I saw it. I spent most of yesterday morning on the site, then went to get the garage got the magazine and there they were! We also live in Hertforshire, so I was wondering if it's a sign that I should visit Heathlands! I pointed this out to my boyfriend and he reckons it's too soon to get another bun. I tend to agree cos I would just be looking for one exactly like Richie. Which is impossible.

Didn't see that article, but there was something similar (same buns by the sound of it) as part of an appeal in the daily express. Showed my parents, cooed over the rabbits, was firmly told we couldn't adopt them.

Hi Everyone,

I am REALLY sorry that I forgot to put a message in here about the OK magazine picture of Seymour & Nougat before it came out!! Life is extremely hectic at the moment (that is my only excuse I'm afraid!!)

How that came about was that a woman emailed me about one of the bunnies on Rabbit Rehome from Heathlands. She wanted to adopt him as a partner for her single female. She just happens to be the Deputy Editor of OK magazine and was so inspired with the rescue that she offered to put some photos in the magazine to spread the word. (This was all at the same time as I put a message on about Seymour & Nougat on the forum).

As my partner and I are the ones who take all the Heathlands photos, we sent her the ones we had. By chance she picked the Seymour & Nougat one. Apparently Heathlands got loads of phone calls from people all over the country wanting to adopt them! So it was great advertising for Heathlands and Rabbit Rehome!

This woman has a friend who works at the Express newspaper and arranged for a photo shoot (with a professional photographer this time) to get some photos of the various animals at Heathlands. The paper ran the photos the week after Christmas as it was a '12 days of Christmas, 12 different kinds of animals' approach.

So both Rabbit Rehome and Heathlands have gotten some great exposure through one email enquiry about a rescue rabbit!!!

Sorry for not getting my act together to post that sooner,
Cathy

I just emailed her and she thought it would be a good idea to put some more rabbit photos in at Easter time. As in 'a rabbit is not just for Easter....'

Good publicity for all rabbits.

So I will post a message if that goes ahead. Is it okay for her to mention Rabbit Rehome? She did last time but I had no idea beforehand what text she was going to put with the picture.

Thanks Tam.

I hope that goes ahead. I will remember to warn eveyone ahead of time which issue will have the photo in. If everyone buys one and she sees the sales make a blip upward on that day- maybe they will run it more often!

Cathy

Back