• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foiled Chibbs' escape plan

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
She's been chewing and digging at the tube between the lawn and hutch all morning. It's a 6" bendy tube with a 5.5" stiffer tube making up the distance. We went to hand the washing out, and the smaller tube was separate from the bigger one! Matt fixed it and she went straight back inside and started digging and chewing it again :lol:

Naughty bunny! I’ve had 2 escapee goats, today Pickle and Lola have found they can squash under the stock proof fence through an impossibly small gap :roll: fortunately Charlie goat is a good boy and shouted to tell me :lol:

They're quite strong too when they want to be aren't they and it stops her from becoming bored :)

Haha, well done Charlie :D

She's chewed the ends of the flimsy green plastic tube as well, that doesn't stand up to much, but these drainage tubes can take a real bashing from any determined creature :D

ETA response to JJ's post: because our garden is relatively secure we tend to just let them back in when they realise there isn't anything any more interesting outside their area :lol: Both Aboleth and Lopsy got out last year (because I left doors open/unsecured :lol: :roll:) but both were easy to convince back inside :D I know I've got no hope of physically catching them :D Once when Aboleth was going to be first out on the lawn, the end of the tube wasn't connected to the pen properly and she was most worried that she wasn't where she expected to be! :lol:

Last edited:
Haha, well done Charlie :D

She's chewed the ends of the flimsy green plastic tube as well, that doesn't stand up to much, but these drainage tubes can take a real bashing from any determined creature :D

I’m not sure if it’s because Charlie is a good boy, or that he’s not as flexible as the girls. Or maybe it’s because he’s a bit rounder :lol:

Chibbs sounds like a real character and very clever :love:

Chibbs is engineering-smart. She's not food-smart. She fights Lopsy for food now (not fight-fight, but you know what I mean!) but she honestly just couldn't be less fussed about food sometimes! She won't come in for pellets unless Lopsy does first 90% of the time. She won't go and get him like Aboleth did :lol: Makes it more inconvenient for us :lol:

Back