• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ellie Bo Playpen Expansion Panels

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
real long shot in the dark 😂

does anybody know if the Ellie Bo expansion panels can be used to divide the playpen space? so if I wanted to split my current one down the middle, would they work?

if not maybe I'll just have to DIY something! which would be a disaster but hey ho :p

I’ve never used them but often admired them on amazon. If no one could help on here maybe you could ask the question on amazon or contact the supplier/manufacturer? Also searching for images might throw something up. You might be able to do a bodge with some long thick cable ties?

yea, I might have too, I'm just not sure how fast I would get a response on amazon?? I can't seem to find the company to contact either :s

I might just go for it and get some reusable cable ties if I can in case it doesn't work.

I just wanted a way to divide the pen if I ever needed too, for instance if a rabbit is sick or for some reason if they have a falling out. I have nothing at the moment should I need too (which can make stasis monitoring quite difficult - the amount of times I'd had to pop off to do something very quickly and somebody then poops :lol:)

tbh I really love the Ellie Bo pen I have for them, its tall, easy to step into, and I can move the panels fairly easily (but the rabbits can't). its great quality and probably the best purchase I've made, I imagine it will last years.

Yea we've attached several together to make a larger space than one pen, but never divided them.. Idk how that would work tbh, because the pins that connect them.

You could buy a second pen and make two separates right up against each other tho if you needed to? :) then you'd have two doors too for access.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yea we've attached several together to make a larger space than one pen, but never divided them.. Idk how that would work tbh, because the pins that connect them.

You could buy a second pen and make two separates right up against each other tho if you needed to? :) then you'd have two doors too for access.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

yeah, I'm not sure how / if it would work. I know for when you connect them the holes to put the pin through line up with one being higher and the one on the other panel being lower. I guess the expansion panels are just the exact same as the panels that you use to make the pen?

unfortunately another pen is out of the question as there isn't the room. their pen takes up the entire room they're in (and there's nowhere else for them to go). the next solution would be "why have a pen at all / only use it when one is sick" but a certain brown rabbit very much has the taste for carpet, lino, walls, skirting boards, and anything else he can chew. my parents would probably kill me if he ruined the carpet, again (I had to recarpet my room because of him), or anything else. so the pen takes up the entire room (almost) so that he can't get his little mouth on anything he shouldn't.

my original plan was to buy the expansion panels and a door for the pen. so then I could split, and add the second door when I need to split to still have access to both sides.

maybe I'll have to cable tie it somehow? :s

idk if anybody cares but I made it work!

I had an accident buying the larger panels but it’s a happy accident! the holes are higher meaning the pin can go through it. and then I can use reusable zip ties on the part that isn’t able to be pinned!

1b430616d6d28add0b83156e85345597.jpg

c221baf5683e6e6a0236b4dc2c893090.jpg

4d1fae6d71d5abb8b6d0d156d7949af7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back