• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I wonder what a bunnies scent marking smells like??????

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Archie and Pip are forever chinning everything in our house to claim it. [emoji1787] They have started scent marking our finger if we put it near them. Their chins are amazingly soft and clearly they "own" us.

Then I thought what does that smell like to another bun? I can't smell anything, so must be too weak for our rubbish human noses.

Would it smell like a faint delicious flower meadow like their fur does? Or something totally different?

Lockdown is obviously giving me too much time to think. [emoji2960]

Good question!!!

Toby used to be a chinner. We used to have fun presenting him all different things to see what he would like to chin! OH used to get each finger chinned bit I was not worthy.

If there's a gland there I reckon it would smell like flowers and faint urine 😅😅😅😅

Good question!!!

Toby used to be a chinner. We used to have fun presenting him all different things to see what he would like to chin! OH used to get each finger chinned bit I was not worthy.

If there's a gland there I reckon it would smell like flowers and faint urine [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Hmm flowers and faint urine. Sounds yummy.

Dan gets chinned more often, he showers multiple times a day, so must smell more soapy? Maybe they want to get rid of soapy smell. Or maybe I just smell like a rabbit. [emoji2957]

I don't know, Treacle has never chinned me, or anything else that I know of. Her fur smells gorgeous, like baby powder, and no I don't wash her ! :lol:

Oooh - I was thinking this just the other day - I am glad I'm not the only person fascinated by this. Little Leo does a heck of alot of chinning. He 'owns' more stuff in this house than we do :lol::lol::lol:.
It's fascinating watching him look at something then think "I'm avin that" and rubs away. It's always material stuff, never hooman. It must be an extremely unique and powerful pheramone to their sense of smell and I would love to know what the hooman interpretation of it is.

I don't know, Treacle has never chinned me, or anything else that I know of. Her fur smells gorgeous, like baby powder, and no I don't wash her ! [emoji38]
No chinning at all? [emoji33] There is constant chinning here.

Their fur does smell amazing doesn't it. It's so hard to fully describe. I wish I could capture it and make a perfume. I'd wear it everyday!

I do wonder why they smell so good? What purpose would that have? I can't think of another mammal that smells so amazing. Maybe it's just their diet?

Oooh - I was thinking this just the other day - I am glad I'm not the only person fascinated by this. Little Leo does a heck of alot of chinning. He 'owns' more stuff in this house than we do [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38].
It's fascinating watching him look at something then think "I'm avin that" and rubs away. It's always material stuff, never hooman. It must be an extremely unique and powerful pheramone to their sense of smell and I would love to know what the hooman interpretation of it is.

Yes like Little Leo Archie and Pip have scented everything in this house multiple times. [emoji1787] Anything new gets instant chinning.

I like to think of it as them saying Mine, Mine, Mine like the gulls from Finding Nemo. [emoji2960]

I still remember how thrilled I was when Snoops and Fudgie chinned my feet. I always knew they "owned" me (rather than the other way round!) but it was nice to get official confirmation!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I still remember how thrilled I was when Snoops and Fudgie chinned my feet. I always knew they "owned" me (rather than the other way round!) but it was nice to get official confirmation!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
There is something very special about it isn't there. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I definitely need a support group. [emoji1787] The buns must think I'm weird, I'm always kneeling down and sniffing them. [emoji2960] It's just so scrummy. Archie does smell much better than Pip, no idea why though. [emoji848]

I'm definitely glad they don't use their anal glands [emoji13]

Back