• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hutch cover help

Rackeluk

Warren Scout
Hi, I’m hoping someone can help me, I’ve got two hutches as my boys haven’t bonded yet, they have a split run attached to both hutches that we made, the problem is I’m struggling to find a hutch cover, the hutches are large hutches, I’ve found a universal one that will one of them but I can’t find one for the other hutch, we are due some really bad rain so wanted to cover them as soon as possible.

Can anyone help? Where I can get one from or how I can make one?

I tend to add a secondary roof to flat topped hutches using the stuff Mikek listed. Extend it out at the front as far as you dare - at least 4" so it gives some shelter for the doors. It will need supporting by a sheet of exterior grade OSB or thicker ply. Screw it on the existing hutch roof bars or add some battens to screw into - which can also be used to slope it a bit if it is flat.

Tarpaulin (doubled) on cup hooks and / or bungee cords just under the roofline and wrapped round the edges a little will protect the interior. I also use ribbed rubber backed doormats. You can get quite big ones or buy similar stuff off a roll - punch or melt holes (maybe add tarp hole reinforcer rings) to attach to hooks under the roof line about every 12", but with the backing outermost. It provides good insulation in winter and is more wind resistant as it is heavier. Just unhook and roll it up when not in use.

Ebay tends to be my preferred supplier for tarp, doormats, etc.

If it’s a short term solution I would just get a tarpaulin for a fiver and weigh it down with bricks x

I was thinking the same thing, it’s only till end of July when we are looking at getting a new run.

Back