• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone with rabbits on the Vac4Life scheme? Re new triple vacc

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
All my rabbits are on the Vac4Life scheme, Jake is due his myxo/RHD1 and in a month or 2 (will have to check) his RHD2. Rang my local Vets4Pets and they have the new Nobivac triple vaccine in so offered that, I thought good news. But then was told it was £67. I asked what the situation was with rabbits on the lifetime vaccination program and reception said not sure but this vaccine isn't covered so I'll have to pay for it. My partner was expecting to pay nothing, since in the terms and conditions we have paid the one off payment to ensure he is vaccinated for life against myxomatosis and RHD1 and now it just happens the vaccine covers the additional RHD2. I wasn't expecting to pay nothing, but was expecting a reduced cost for those on the Vac4Life ie just paying extra for the RHD2 component - say £30. I'm a bit shocked at the price in general tbh, since the Nobivac myxo/RHD1 I think they charge £30 ish and the RHD2 Eravac is £26. Reception advised me to discuss with the vet the costs when I wait outside for Jake, but since it's a drop off/wait outside situation will have to make sure vet calls me before she does the jab as they still have stock in of the old vaccine which I wouldn't have to pay anything for. Bit upset as I've only just paid £99 for Bigwig to go onto the Vac4Life scheme so that money will be wasted now if I have to pay £67 yearly anyway.

Does anyone else have the same issue? What are your vets doing? The individually owned practice (like this one) may differ, I believe one other practice is offering a discount for those on Vac4Life with the new triple vacc I just think that's the reasonable thing to offer.

I have 5 on the vaccs4life, 2 of them only signed up in January this year but none of mine are due yet. I was a bit peeved I had to pay for RHD2 so would not be happy if there is no compromise. Have they changed the small print in the terms and conditions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Treacle isn't on the scheme, but she had the new triple vac 2 weeks ago, and I paid £45, and that included a claw clip.

Thanks both. I thought £67 was a lot!! The terms and conditions haven't changed, I got a printed version given to me with Bigwig and it states she is entitled to lifetime cover against myxomatosis and RHD1. I looked on the website and they haven't changed online either

Update, Jake has had the new triple vaccine this morning. I was charged £33 which is the price of the RHD2 vaccine :)

Update, Jake has had the new triple vaccine this morning. I was charged £33 which is the price of the RHD2 vaccine :)

That's great news, hope he's doing ok. Treacle had no reactions whatsoever, and it was the first time she'd had RH2.

That’s good news. The triple is £89 at our vets! I thought that was a lot. I currently pay £40 each for the myxo/vhd1 and the vhd2.

Thanks all :) Wow, the price does seem to really vary then! Yeah my partner said it should be covered fully, but since Vac4Life was set up and priced before the introduction of RHD2 it does say in the t&C's it doesn't cover any new diseases. In Bigwigs more recent t&C's it specifically says it doesn't cover RHD2, the price of Vac4Life is just way too cheap for it. But yes doesn't give off a good impression, like previously made people think RHD2 wasn't a necessary vacc since it's not included and now not sure if new people will join since they still have to pay an amount each year.

Jake seems absolutely fine after the jab.

I’ve just booked two of mine in for the triple and been told that it is covered by Vacc4life. That’ll be a big saving for me this year.

I’ve just booked two of mine in for the triple and been told that it is covered by Vacc4life. That’ll be a big saving for me this year.

Oh that's good, the independently owned V4P's can make their own decisions so yours must've decided to include it! I heard from their support office they're recommending practices stop offering the Vac4Life for new rabbit clients now :(

Atticus and Clementine had their triple vac the other day, was £55 per vaccination, so a saving from having to do 2 different vacs per year, although they're on some plan apparently so we got them "free".. I might cancel the plan now.. Might not work out cost effective now we aren't paying nearly £80 per year per bun for vacs

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back