• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini lop or Dwarf lop? Any help?

Bunnie2020

New Kit
Hi,

So Im now confused whether my bunny is a mini lop or a dwarf. I got Reggie from a local pet shop near me and they are amazing for pets. It would have said what he was on the enclosure where he was kept but I cant remember and always thought he was a dwarf because until recently I thought mini lop and dwarf were the same. On the paperwork I have got just says lionhead lop.

So im a tad confused. He has long ears and big back feet. When he was about 12 weeks I think around the time he had his first vaccination he weighed around 1.34kg and now he is 1 and im not sure how much he weighs but for definite has got bigger (I haven't got any scales he will sit on to be weighed)

The photo I have uploaded of him when I first got him he was around 10 weeks (a little bit older than 10 weeks) the pictures that is this has a black border round it.

Ive included videos and picture of him now and what he is like.

Thanks for your help.
undefined

TXj8KP4

I'm don't suppose he really minds what label you put on him [emoji195][emoji235]

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Hi
So are you saying mini lop?

A cross breed, got some Lionhead in him (the mane shows that )

Another part probably more likely to be Dwarf Lop than Mini Lop given that he is not as brachycephalic (flat faced) like the Mini Lop and his size. Dwarf Lops being bigger than Mini Lops

The true Lion Lop is a cross between a Lionhead and a Mini Lop, so your Bunny is a gorgeous sort of Lionhead/Dwarf Lop !!

Thanks for your help.

Yeah im confused because on another forum they said that a lion lop is a mini lop mixed with a lionhead. So reggie would be a mini lop.

But I feel he is a bit bigger than a mini lop in weight

He looks like a cross breed dwarf lop with some lion head!

Gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say Mini Lop, he seems a bit too big.

When we adopted Chewie he was described as a Mini Lop but a few months ago when I was talking to one of our vets she laughed and said he is not a Mini Lop, he's too big 🤣

Your lovely bun is more likely a cross like others have said 😊

Okay.

I did think he is a dwarf as he seems a bit bigger than a mini lop I think

The other forum said false dwarf mix? Which is a bit confusing haha!!

Thank you for your help!!!

Back