• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BATTLE OF THE SEXES!!!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
HI THERE I HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU CAN PUT BUCKS TOGETHER IF THEY CANT SMELL DOES. (BECAUSE THEY WILL FIGHT) BUT IS THAT THE SAME THE OTHER WAY ROUND CAN YOU PUT DOES TOGETHER UNLESS THERE ARE BUCKS AROUND.

I HAVE 3 OF EACH AND THEY ARE EIGHT WEEKS OLD AND I NEED TO SPLIT THEM SOON AND WONDERING WHICH COMBOS IS SHOULD USE!!

Neutering is the key. If you have the space I would keep the three girls together and the three boys together. You can't put opposite sexes together at this age as you'll just need to split them again to stop breeding.

The boys will need to be neutered at 16 weeks, at which point you can then continue to keep them as a group if there are no problems or put them into opposite sex pairs.

Tam

Tamsin said:
Neutering is the key. If you have the space I would keep the three girls together and the three boys together. You can't put opposite sexes together at this age as you'll just need to split them again to stop breeding.

The boys will need to be neutered at 16 weeks, at which point you can then continue to keep them as a group if there are no problems or put them into opposite sex pairs.

Tam

HI TAMSIN THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT THEY ARE ONLY EIGHT WEEKS, SO I CANT GET THEM NEUTERED FOR ANOTHER EIGHT WEEKS. THERE ACCOMMDATION IS THAT I HAVE HAD SIX LARGE HUTCHES BUILT IN THE SHED (THREE HIGH) WHICH ALSO HOLDS A DOUBLE HUTCH WHICH THEY ARE ALL IN AT THE MOMENT WITH THERE MOTHER.(7 HUTCHES IN TOTAL). BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT WHEN THE COME OF AGE THEY WILL SMELL THE DOES AND START TO FIGHT? IS THIS TRUE AND IS SO WILL IT BE THE SAME FOR THE DOES?

I ALSO HAVE THE MOTHER AND TWO OTHER BUCKS. MY GOAL IS TO GET ALL IN PAIR(ALL 9) AND THEN RESCUE ANOTHER FOR THE ODD ONE!! BUT WHERE TO START!!! CURRENTLY NONE OF MY ADULTS ARE BONDED AND I AM NOT EXPERIENCED WITH BONDING.... SO AM LOOKING FOR SOME ADVISE TO HOW I SPLIT THIS LOT AND WHO TO BOND FIRST........ WHOW I BET YOU ARE ALL AS EXAUSTED AT THE PROPECT AS I AM NOW...... BUT LOOK FORWARD TO ANY GAME PLANS
THANKS BUNNYLOVE XX

Back