• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bumps or sore hocks on front paw nails?

Bunnie2020

New Kit
Hi,

I have spotted bumps underneath reggies nails on his front paw on a few of them. They are red and a couple of them are clear not red.

He is eating and hopping fine. Even doing his binkys haha so I just wondered what anyone thinks or if their bunnies have this,

He is a dwarf mini lop lionhead
Here are some photos I tried to get which was difficult of one of them

Thanks
lb5H9y1.jpg

FBvkQnC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like sore hocks but on the front of the foot, or thats at least what Luna had too. I know Jane is very knowledgeable so maybe she can advise [emoji3526]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looks like sore hocks but on the front of the foot, or thats at least what Luna had too. I know Jane is very knowledgeable so maybe she can advise [emoji3526]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. Yeah its not as red on some of the nails as others its clear where as that's red, Ive been putting sudocrem on each night only a tiny bit to see if it will help

What sort of substrate does he spend most time on ?

Do the nail beds look red/inflamed too ?

Personally I would not use Sudocrem. Had you just applied some before taking the pictures ?

Hi
He has blankets in his cage and I've now put blankets all on my floor where he hops and sleeps because I thought maybe it was the carpet.
I have wood pellets for his litter tray and hay in there too.
What do you mean by nail bed? because they are underneath is nail?

And I cant remember I think I took pictures then applied sudocrem after. I hardly put any on him

Hi
He has blankets in his cage and I've now put blankets all on my floor where he hops and sleeps because I thought maybe it was the carpet.
I have wood pellets for his litter tray and hay in there too.
What do you mean by nail bed? because they are underneath is nail?

And I cant remember I think I took pictures then applied sudocrem after. I hardly put any on him

The nail bed is where the toenail grows out from the toe :)

Back