• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chibbs is weird.

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Chibbs has been with us over 4 months now, and we have to conclude she's not a very good bunny :lol: But that's OK, Lopsy's not a very good bunny either! We're not sure what she is: Lopsy is definitely part cat, part dog, part rabbit. She's not massively sociable, she likes to spend a lot of time on her own (but then so does Lopsy so it's fine), she moves around a lot between areas which is different, and she's unfussed by noserubs (prefers normal strokes anyway). The biggest thing though, is she doesn't care for food! I was worried about her one evening a little while ago, she just didn't want pellets. She went back out to the run and had some part-dry hawthorn, then pootled around the whole area not really eating anything. But she had some cabbage and rose the next morning with no issues. We can only conclude: sometimes she just isn't hungry :S She doesn't really get routine as well: Lopsy might not be smart but if he's on the ball he's pretty clued up to what's going on, so if we're hovering around the hutch he remembers it's lawn time, and if we've got the little double bowl it's pellets time, and he knows what to do. But Chibbs, nah, she's happy doing her own little thing!

She does do a pretty good flop though now, and her binkies are really funny :D And plentiful!

Chibbs has been with us over 4 months now, and we have to conclude she's not a very good bunny :lol: But that's OK, Lopsy's not a very good bunny either! We're not sure what she is: Lopsy is definitely part cat, part dog, part rabbit. She's not massively sociable, she likes to spend a lot of time on her own (but then so does Lopsy so it's fine), she moves around a lot between areas which is different, and she's unfussed by noserubs (prefers normal strokes anyway). The biggest thing though, is she doesn't care for food! I was worried about her one evening a little while ago, she just didn't want pellets. She went back out to the run and had some part-dry hawthorn, then pootled around the whole area not really eating anything. But she had some cabbage and rose the next morning with no issues. We can only conclude: sometimes she just isn't hungry :S She doesn't really get routine as well: Lopsy might not be smart but if he's on the ball he's pretty clued up to what's going on, so if we're hovering around the hutch he remembers it's lawn time, and if we've got the little double bowl it's pellets time, and he knows what to do. But Chibbs, nah, she's happy doing her own little thing!

She does do a pretty good flop though now, and her binkies are really funny :D And plentiful!

Awwwww she sounds happy enough in her own little world ! I wonder if her indifference toward food/nibbly eating may be due to some overly sharp teeth ?

Awwwww she sounds happy enough in her own little world ! I wonder if her indifference toward food/nibbly eating may be due to some overly sharp teeth ?
Ooh, potentially! She loves brassicas, and loves to chew sticks, and will eat hay anytime (even over other 'yummier' things XD). She's an expert at snaffling up hay off the floor :lol: She's not been seen by my vet yet, I'll take her in with Lopsy when he's due his vaccinations in July-August, get her registered and a checkup if the vets are doing them by then (she's not due her own vaccs until November).

Back