• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unspeyed does with neutered bucks...

Anyone have experience bonding these?

My girls are too young to be speyed at the moment (three months) but will be as soon as I can (I'm aiming for 6 months, as they're wee). I'm getting two neutered boys in when I get back...

Is there anything I should be aware of? Pseudopregnancy, I know, is one thing.

Has anyone done this? Have tips? Interesting stories? Etc...

I have an unneutered doe with a neutered buck and they have been together for 5 1/2 years without problems. Pippa had one phantom pregnancy early on, but never again since. She has never had a really high sex drive though, and I think that's why it is working between the two! :)

Ive not had any probs with this type of pairing, it usualy works well. The longer a male has been done the less he smells like a male to the doe. This will eliminate the false pregnants"es [god knows how to spell that]. val

I had claude castrated at 6 months i got miffy at 8 weeks, when i got miffy claude had been castrated 6 months,the only prob i found was with miffy when she reached four months she was constantly humping poor claude,and she kept having phantam pregnacys aswell shes calmed down a lot since shes been spayed and is a lot more affectionate to humans now too!

I guess it'll be a good indicator for me about when the girls hit their hormonal maturity. Once they start exhibiting humping behaviour (lol) or even pseudopregnancies, I'll know to take them to the vet to discuss a neutering date...

Back