• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mouse

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Few photos of my sweet old lady Mouseypie yesterday & today

sf6f2Hhl.jpg

5ianaiEl.jpg

uEXOkCBl.jpg

Hello beautiful Mousie, how are you doing beautiful girlie, Treacle sends you a gentle nose rub and says she understands :love:

thats good to hear Katty m - I thought she was looking more disheveled

Gorgeous girl :love: How's she liking all that hay?
Its mixed in with her timothy so I'm not too sure, seems to be enjoying hand fed forage:lol:

We don’t get enough photos of gorgeous mousey girl. She looks very relaxed.
Lillian also sends nose rubs to mousey and we’re sending an extra hug to you. Xx

Wee darlin' :love: those you don't even know are thinking of you and wishing you happy days. ((((((Bunny snuggle))))))) xxxx

Thanks everybun. She seems bright & interacts with us lots but she must be lonely from midnight til 8. Other than her nose bumping us for loves more, all her behaviour seems normal. By appearances she appears to be coping but not sure how that can be the case.

There is the option of rebonding in with J&B but Boo is as hyperactive as ever. Mouse has arthritis in the spine so it feels wrong to potentially subject her to chasing from Boo & humping from Joe (which is what happened first time round) - I'd need to check it out with Ruth (vet) if I did. I'd love her to have bunny snuggles again though. I'm happy to help groom her eyes & fur but bunnies do a much better job. I only split Mouse from Joey & Boo because Rudey had been nearly 4 months without bunny loves & thought quad bonding would be easier with 2 pairs (it was a lot less intense if not ultimately successful).

Boo was generally bossy with Mouse but they were close the majority of the time..however even before Rudey I thought one day I might have to split the trio cos of Boos sporadic chasing. Joe & Boo are really happy as a pair. If you got through that, any thoughts welcome

Aww Mousey, I just want to scoop you up and give you a big cuddle [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

With regards to the option of rebonding Mouse with Joey and Boo, I can understand why you would feel apprehensive about it. Especially considering Mouse's arthritis and Boo's rumbunctiousness.

If I were in your position, I would probably arrange a brief date between them to test the waters. You're so tuned in with your bunnies and their behaviours towards each other that I think you'd have a good idea pretty early on whether you'd be able to successfully rebond them again.

It's very difficult to predict what bunnies will do. The underlying bond could well still be there and Joey and Boo will accept Mouse back without any problems. On the other hand, they may be perfectly happy as a duo and may not want a third bunny.

I think you'd regret it if you didn't try but maybe go in with the mindset that you're trying it more out of hope than expectation.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thanks Scrappy. I wish I knew what Mouse would like. I think if I were Mouse I'd want a peaceable old age but I always did always underestimate her - during bonding she gets grumpy when I interfere - well she did in the trio. I have ages to think on this as I need vet verdict. Testing the water would definitely be the way to go with no expectations xx

Mouse is a gorgeous girly :love: I agree that holding off on any bonding attempts for a while would be best. It'll give you a chance to monitor how she is coping in the longer term and also to get the professional opinion of your trusted Vet :)

I think I would want to see some behaviour from Mouse that would persuade me to try rebonding her with Boo and Joey. It's a very difficult call as to whether it would be advantageous for her or not. My guess is that there would be pros and cons, just as there are pros and cons in her life as it is now. Waiting to see how things develop with her might give you some indication of how to judge the balance. I think the question for me would be, whether it would be better for her to have a less than perfect relationship to avoid being lonely. To answer that I think you should think back to when they were a trio and assess how much Mouse got from the relationship.

These bunny choices are not easy but in a little while things might become clearer.

Thanks all. Well she does seem ok for now. Theres a mini cuddle station between the sofa & coffee table - she is choosing to lie there ie as close to us as possible. She is not withdrawn though & I'm thankful for that at least

Back