• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some people shouldn't have rabbits

Beapig

Mama Doe
Neighbour a few doors down has had their rabbit in a tiny run in the front garden since 8am. About room for 3 - 4 hops max, no water, no shelter. It's a house rabbit and today is cold. Almost 6pm and it's still there now, still no water or food. Makes me very sad/angry :(

I'm with you Beapig. Not everyone is as consciensious and caring as you.
Janes leaflet is superb.
Options? You could knock on their door and perhaps educate them? Sepnds if you know theme well enough or....oh, hang on, just realised social distancing so scrub that.
I suppose the most radical is to contact RSPCA and voice concerns with them? But that escalates things to a more serious level.
That said, the welfare of any animal must over ride anything.
I feel for you, I really do. Wish I could help.
Craig

It's a strange one - I sort of know them and they seem to be nice people, it makes you wonder how they can be so negligent? A lot of the time I think that people are just ignorant, rather than willfully negligent, but the end result is the same :cry:

It amazes me how little some people know about the animals they own. Do they not even at the very least do a quick google search before they get a pet?

It's a strange one - I sort of know them and they seem to be nice people, it makes you wonder how they can be so negligent? A lot of the time I think that people are just ignorant, rather than willfully negligent, but the end result is the same :cry:

Yep, which is why education rather than castigation is usually the best approach in the first instance :)

It amazes me how little some people know about the animals they own. Do they not even at the very least do a quick google search before they get a pet?
Considering some who have kids don't know the first thing about them either... :S I'm always banging on about how cats are more expensive than rabbits to my mates who want cats :lol: I know that's not everyone's experience but our rabbits are so cheap ;P

I have a similar issue with a lovely grey lop in one of my neighbours garden. Its in the street over and they are quite a unapproachable family. Its a indoor guinea pig cage with a plastic cover with bricks on. Sometimes the cover doesnt come off for days on end. The RSPCA wont come out at the moment but told me to keep an eye on it and report it again in a few weeks. So frustrating!

Back