• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Camille of the beautiful eyes

Jaypot

Mama Doe
In the early hours of this morning – at 2.55am – our beloved Camille passed to the Rainbow Bridge after suffering heart failure :cry: No words can really express how we feel – we are stunned, we are shocked and we are so very, very sad.

We had only had Camille for 9 days – in that time she had bonded with Duke immediately, she had settled so well it was as though she had been here forever, she had so much love to give to Duke and to us and she will be so dearly missed by us.

Up until the day before yesterday she seemed fine – she went off her food a little and her poops where a little smaller and harder than usual – we gave her some Infacol and some metoclopramide and she seemed fine. She was still a little quiet yesterday and still a bit fussy with her food so we popped her along to the vet for a check up. Her tummy was fine if a little empty and she was bright eyed and alert – the vet thought that maybe she was having a bit of pain from her spine so she had some painkiller and a Vitamin B12 shot to stimulate her appetite. She wanted mainly foods from the garden so John kept going out and picking her some which she ate with relish.

We had both been checking on her constantly and making sure she was comfortable – she seemed fine if still a little quiet but we where not overly concerned about her. John went to bed just before 2am and he went in to cuddle her and make sure that food was available for her and Duke – he was snuggling her when her breathing changed. He came and got me as I was still up in the kitchen – I went to check her and brought her straight out – I didn’t like the way the breathing was. Camille did not want to be held upright and she seemed to be having problems getting her breath. I gave her to John and rang the vet – he listened to her breathing over the phone and told us to get Camille to him in the next 15 mins and he would have the oxygen set up.

We got her there but in the car she started to gasp for breath and a clicking noise started :cry: As we pulled up at the vets John came around to take her from me and I said that I thought she was going :cry: Camille was rushed into the vet who took her off us immediately and as he placed her in the oxygen Camille left us :cry: The same vet had seen her in the afternoon and was so shocked at the change in her – he said that he would have bet his mortgage on her being better and not this happening to her.

Everything pointed to heart trouble – the way that she had to lay over something all the time and keep her body upright – she was always laying over a door snake that came with her from her foster mum as this is what she like to lay over as though keeping her chest more upright – we all thought it was to do with her spinal problems.

A post mortem was carried out this afternoon and it showed that Camille suffered a massive heart attack and that nothing could be done :cry: It seems that she had a heart condition which could maybe have been from the time that she was dropped and has been there ticking away like a time bomb – or she could have been born with the defect. Whichever way, it was not detectable and there is nothing that could have been done :cry:

Dearest Camille, you where with us for such a short time yet we had been waiting for you for a long time – you came to us and trusted us right away – we could have drowned in those beautiful eyes of yours. You loved Duke immediately and just took to life here as though you had been born here.

We are heartbroken and so very sad – you had such a lot to live for Darling and we had so much love to give you. We hope that you where happy here baby girl for the short time you where home with us.

We truly hope that you are binkying around the Rainbow Bridge with a perfect back and legs again – to us you where perfect anyway – but you did struggle on those legs so now you will have good legs and lots of friends to play with.

We will miss you for the longest time Darling Camille – we are so truly sorry that you had to go and we will always, always remember and love you.

Binky free in the eternal sunshine baby girl – we love you.

Mummy, Daddy, Duke and all your brothers and sisters of the Hairy Mob xxxxxxxxxx

Our most sincere thanks to Anna and Sam who cared for Camille when she was rescued. We are so dreadfully sorry :cry:

Dearest John and Jay

I have thought of little else but you all since John rang me this morning. The wee lass probably suffered very little, for which I give thanks.

As I said to John, I reckon she hung on until she came 'home' (to you both) before she relaxed and gave into her heart failure. She was such a brave little soldier, and I feel so sorry for you both and Duke......who is bereft once again.

I am still reeling from the news....you waited patiently for such a long time for her......and everything we all did to ensure the rest of her life would be just perfect - she was only one year old!!

Thank you so much for taking her. You have no idea how much I admire you both for what you go through with your buns, far more often than the rest of us. That takes some special people!!!

I'm off to get another bunch of kleenex now :(

Run free sweet Camille, with healthy legs, body and heart

Anna

Oh no Jay! Camille was a beautiful little lady and just perfect for Duke. That must have been so much of a shock for you all. Bunnies are really not the best made creatures in the world, I don't know what God was thinking of when he designed them. Do you think he put them in our world to help us learn something? If so, you and John must have several Degrees with Hons!

I'm sooooooooo sorry she's gone, she had a wonderful time with you and with Duke. You are all in my thoughts tonight.

~ Binky far and wide little lady, take full advantage of your now perfect body, and pass on our love to all the spirit buns xxx ~

Jay and John, I am so sad to hear this news so soon after the happy news that Camille finaly found her way to your wonderfull home. It must be heartbreaking to have to say goodbye so soon after saying hello. But for all the short time she was with you she would have had the happiest time. Bless you both fort he work you do.

Binky free wee lass.

So very sorry to hear about Camille :( words cannot express how I feel for you both, it is heart breaking news :( My heart goes out to you both. Camille was a gorgeous little lady with very special parents who have hearts of gold.

Oh Jay I am so upset on reading about Camille. The love you had for her just shines through and she must have been so happy with you. You did everything you could for her...no-one could have done more than you and John but it was to be. She is now free from pain and telling all the bunnies what a wonderful time she had with you all.

Thinking so much about you ':love:'

Love from

Oh dear Jay I'm so sorry to hear about the lovely Camille but she was so lucky to have found you and she had such a lovely home and was so happy with Duke.

Rainbow Kisses - Binky Free Little One!

Thinking of you both at this sad time.

I'm so sorry to hear about your girl Jay after she was only with you such a short time.

She found a home where she'd be loved for the rest of her life and a boy bun to share it with; her last days were her happiest and I'm sure she was thankful for that. It must have just been her time to go.

Binky free little bun x

Camille.

Oh jay...how awful for you, you waited such a long time to get her and gave her so much love in the short time she was allowed to be with you. I sometimes wonder what GOD is thinking of when he takes away such gentle babies. god bless you both from shan & the "famous" shed rabbits.

Camille.

Oh jay...how awful for you, you waited such a long time to get her and gave her so much love in the short time she was allowed to be with you. I sometimes wonder what GOD is thinking of when he takes away such gentle babies. god bless you both from shan & the "famous" shed rabbits.

Camille.

Jay I am so sorry about poor Camille but she has gone to a better place...doesn't stop you and John from feeling sad though does it. Sending big hugs to you all there. xxx

Sorry I am so late responding to this, I could've sworn I posted yesterday but the internet fairy has removed it! :wink:

Back