• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frisky bunnies

Amelia

Alpha Buck
I don't know what has got into Mr Bump over these past couple of weeks... despite being neutered he will not leave Tiggy alone at the moment if you know what I mean :shock:

He's never been like this before and i keep telling him off as poor old Tiggy looks miserable when he starts. He tends to be most like this in the evenings.

Does anyone else's neutered males carry on like this?

Amelia said:
I don't know what has got into Mr Bump over these past couple of weeks... despite being neutered he will not leave Tiggy alone at the moment if you know what I mean :shock:

He's never been like this before and i keep telling him off as poor old Tiggy looks miserable when he starts. He tends to be most like this in the evenings.

Does anyone else's neutered males carry on like this?

i put my recently neutered male with my other neutered male and he was trying on with him! how recent is the neutering been done it can take up to 3 weeks for the hormones to settle down.

About six months ago! He's never been like this before :?

I wasn't sure whether age had anything to do with it as I'm sure he's must be coming up to his first birthday about now.

Yes, she was done about five months ago and has been bonded with Mr Bump ever since. She is two and a half.

Amelia :)

Amelia said:
About six months ago! He's never been like this before :?

I wasn't sure whether age had anything to do with it as I'm sure he's must be coming up to his first birthday about now.

unfortuantly neutering does not always sort there behavor problems, how long have they been bonded for? i am sure she will let him know its not on and he will get the message!!! :oops:

Has this only started in the last 7-10 days?

If so it could be because that days will be starting to get longer very soon. Which means to animals that spring is on the way. So therefore breeding time.

They've been bonded ever since she has been spayed, and up until two weeks ago he's never been like this

I'm sure he'll hopefully get the message soon.. If he's near me I try and distract him if he looks like he's going to pester her (normally a nose rub does the trick! ) or tell him off if he does!

It was quite embarassing when I took him back to my family's house for Xmas and he decided to get a bit frisky in front of all my relatives :oops:

I suspect this is a combination of the time of year, and his being a teenager. Hopefully he will get the message that she doesn't appreciate it and will settle down again.
It may have been exagerated by your taking him to a new place. He may have felt a renewed need to assert himself, by literally making himself top bunny :roll:

doorkeeper said:
IIt may have been exagerated by your taking him to a new place. He may have felt a renewed need to assert himself, by literally making himself top bunny :roll:

Thanks, I didn't think of this, hopefully he'll settle down over the ne xt few days :)

doorkeeper said:
I suspect this is a combination of the time of year, and his being a teenager. Hopefully he will get the message that she doesn't appreciate it and will settle down again.
It may have been exagerated by your taking him to a new place. He may have felt a renewed need to assert himself, by literally making himself top bunny :roll:

I'm tempted to think this, but on the other hand, none of these feelings and urges should exsist because he's neutered! Coz those are hormonally driven urges, and now that the hormones are gone....very odd...

My two used to do this a lot. Over the past year its become far more occasional, but still happens from time to time. Both neutered and bonded since the girlie came home.

Back